VIA Anounces an Android PC in a Cardboard Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronch79

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Cardboard? Not very durable, is it? Hopefully it's as sturdy as the cover of those hardcover books. Also, honestly, who has seen a VIA product 'on the shelves'? They have practically zero presence.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I really do need this.
It would be perfect for my in-car back seat entertainment system as long as it still supports touch displays (or I could install a track ball for left & right seats into the centre console in the back seat if not - both back seats have screens).
I'd stick a cheapy $100 switch in the boot with a small NAS with maybe 2 240GB SSD's with a lot of music and a bunch of movies for long road trips.

Edit: What's with this 3 of the same comments thing??

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I really do need this.
It would be perfect for my in-car back seat entertainment system as long as it still supports touch displays (or I could install a track ball for left & right seats into the centre console in the back seat if not - both back seats have screens).
I'd stick a cheapy $100 switch in the boot with a small NAS with maybe 2 240GB SSD's with a lot of music and a bunch of movies for long road trips.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I really do need this.

Matsushima

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013

Try about 10 years ago with FlexATX.

Dkz

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
I don't understand why the vendors out there keep insisting on making products with low specs. Any good android device MUST have at least 2 cores, running at more than 1Ghz, and at least 1GB of ram. Anything under those specs is just not enough IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.