VIA Selling S3 Graphics to HTC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Via is definitely alive, just not so much in the PC market. Their extremely popular in the industrial sector and in retail POS, Kiosks and ATM's. Basically anything where you need an integrated application specific device you'll find Via.

[citation][nom]razor512[/nom]s3 graphics mostly sucked so via didn't need itI had a old motherboard with s3 graphics, I had to run notepad on low settings.[/citation]
[citation][nom]kkiddu[/nom]My motherboard has VIA S3G UniChrome IGP graphics(2004), and it sucks even compared to 2000s Intel's IGPs.Good riddance, I'll say.[/citation]
I have an old ECS Elitegroup PM-800M2 motherboard with integrated S3 UniChrome graphics that I use in my basement fileserver. I don't know what kind of crap you're talking about but it runs windows, movies and many older games just fine. Notepad on low settings? Notepad was originally in Windows 3.1 when graphics cards had 512k on them. Are you going to tell me that black letters on a white screen suddenly have greater requirements? S3 graphics may not be fantastic but at least they were never expensive like Intel's crappy offerings.

einheriar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2007
[citation][nom]lowenz[/nom]I still have a PCI Virge with 4 MB[/citation]
Just wondering, do you have any modern drivers for that or were those of win98/winNT the last ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts