Video card not detected

DaveZeb

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hello. I'll keep it quick. I just purchased the Asus GeForce2 GTS, getting rid of my ATI Rage Fury (Thank God. Now I did a complete, fresh re-install of windows and hardware, to a point... I'm stopped at this video card because it isn't being detected. I've tried searching for new hardware, removing and physically replacing it in the agp slot. Nothing seems to work.

Hopefully someone out there can relieve me from this nightmare, as it makes no sense. It shows up on screen when my computer starts up, so why wouldn't be detectable by windows...? (98 btw) ABIT BE-6 motherboard.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

DaveZeb

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yup. Actually updated them as well with the software from the video card. Gart Drivers. As I said, the system is recognizing the card at start-up, it's just Win98 that isn't doing the same.

Jarablue

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have an Abit BE6 and never knew that there was agp video drivers for it. Can you tell me where to get them at? I look at Abits site and there was none if you could post a link I would appreciate it. Thanks

In the immortal word's of Bob Marley, "Let's get together and feel alllright..."

Kris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hi davezeb,
There's one thing you might want to know. Make sure
"assign IRQ to VGA" is enabled within the BIOS.
Wish this helps.
Good luck.

Kris

TBone

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What is your complete system? Have you tried the Detonator 3, drivers, just to see if they will work?
TBone

DaveZeb

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I finally just did an end-around, and forced the driver install through adapter change in display properties. It worked, although the tweaker didn't take. I then had to do it all over again for the Detonater drivers. hehe. I've only tried one game so far, Diablo2, and the performance was terrible. Had to go to directdraw to get a stable picture, so I'm not sure if I'm outta the woods yet. Thanks for the post!

G

I had a similar problem a few years ago (2 years). A friend owned an Abit BX-6 mobo, PII 350 and an Voodoo Banshee AGP. The firs install I made everything went wonderful. After a few weeks the guy started up his PC and had the problem that he only got 640 X 480 at 16 colors.
We reinstalled Win98 and ran into the same problem you have. I tried everything I could, but nothing helped. The last resort was to change the card to a PCI version. This card could be installed without any problem.
A research revailed me that more people hat the same problem with the AGP on the Abit BX-6 mobo.
I guess that the Abit BE-6 and the BX-6 are almost identical. So I think there is no solution.
If you ever find a solution, please tell us so I can tell my friend there is hope.