Video: Did You Know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicPants

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
Anybody know what a hockey stick graph is?
Anyone know why the financial system is failing?
In 1995, 121 slight upward trends were viewed by analysts who then exaggerated them and assumed the trend would continue forever.
In 2005, 5137 trends were exaggerated.
By 2015 that number WILL grow to 4,000,017

Daller

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
This whole video was a stupid exercise in forward extrapolation. "We're living in exponential times" Yeah right! Tell that to my stock broker! :D

alap

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
It is disappointing that this is making news on Tom's now, the video has been around, in several different incarnations, for years!
So much for the bleeding edge of information...

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]alap[/nom]It is disappointing that this is making news on Tom's now, the video has been around, in several different incarnations, for years!So much for the bleeding edge of information...[/citation]

Hi alap -

I did mention in the article it wasn't news. But I thought it was a pretty cool short video to share with people. You may have seen it, but I'm pretty sure not everyone has. And that version of the video was made last year.

Nothing wrong with sharing information with those who may not have seen it I reckon.

/ Tuan

svenolsen

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
[citation][nom]alap[/nom]It is disappointing that this is making news on Tom's now, the video has been around, in several different incarnations, for years!So much for the bleeding edge of information...[/citation]

it's the guy's weekend. relax, sheesh. if you don't want to watch it, don't, read something else, you don't have to be like that

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]Hi alap -I did mention in the article it wasn't news. But I thought it was a pretty cool short video to share with people. You may have seen it, but I'm pretty sure not everyone has. And that version of the video was made last year.Nothing wrong with sharing information with those who may not have seen it I reckon./ Tuan[/citation]

thx 4 sharin ; interesting

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]Hi alap -I did mention in the article it wasn't news. But I thought it was a pretty cool short video to share with people. You may have seen it, but I'm pretty sure not everyone has. And that version of the video was made last year.Nothing wrong with sharing information with those who may not have seen it I reckon./ Tuan[/citation]

thanks 4 sharin' boss

SlicerX

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
This video has been around for a while, but the statistics never cease to amaze me. Great music by Fatboy Slim too XD

T-Bone

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Did you know???
That I just wasted 5 min 16 sec of my life and I can't get it back?
Video is complete speculation; drivel. Almost like a Move on dot org video or something.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]T-Bone[/nom]Did you know???That I just wasted 5 min 16 sec of my life and I can't get it back?....Video is complete speculation; drivel. Almost like a Move on dot org video or something.[/citation]
Did you know???
That you've just wasted 30 seconds of my life posting garbage on an otherwise useful homepage? Just don't watch it if you don't like it dude! If it was so much a waste of time, why did you watch all 5 minutes of it anyway? And waste additional time comming back to complain about wasting time? Damn! see now you made me waste another 30 seconds of mine!

Shnur

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
haha
we do live in exponential times, nowadays it takes nothing to start a flame war

this video is amazing! I love it will definitely share with all my buddies

JumpKickJoe

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009

Apparently they missed they stats of ppl who don't read articles properly and start making ignoramus comments. Those amount of comments must equal the earth's population.

Status
Not open for further replies.