VIDEO: First StarCraft II TV Commercial (Hotness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwraith35711

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
beta was sick. battle.net ........ though. No LAN, chat channels, cross realm play (meaning if you buy the US copy of the game, you can't play on the Asian server, where most of the good (Korean) players are), etc. Hopefully those features are added by release.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Ya i think a lot of features will be added before release like chat channels etc. if they allow cross game chat with friends ie message your guild leader in wow while playing SC2 i think a chat channel is probability not that hard to add.

Idk what you mean by:[citation][nom]kwajfreak[/nom]Teen... really?[/citation]
But an RTS with overhead view and gunfights really shouldn't be rated less then teen or rated M, it makes sense to me. last time i checked the zerg didn't have a goo attack that melted ghosts clothes off.(in before someone mods that into the game)

BoJl4apa

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002
would love to see a full feature anime/cartoon in this style
Blizzard make amazing art-work with their games

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Neither, Fallout 3 New Vegas baby. It will not be using the piece of crap known as GFWL, thank goodness. STEAM will be the DRM and expansions too I guess.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]BoJl4apa[/nom]would love to see a full feature anime/cartoon in this styleBlizzard make amazing art-work with their games[/citation]
Agreed, a movie, done right, would rock.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]I have said it before and will say it again, SC2 and Activision at $59.95 for a PC game in three parts can kiss my ass.[/citation]
If it was ANY other game (especially those Rock Band/Guitar Hero games) I would completely agree with you. But its Starcraft... I mean.. common... its Starcraft. I can't resist that!

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Went to YouTube and watched it several times full screen at HD. This would be a kick as game in FPS mode. Use the new Crysis engine and just go. It would sell like crazy too. Use Obsidian or someone that is good at that kind of thing.

G

How the hell did anyone come out of SC2 beta impressed? The game has barely changed from SC1. The graphics are on par with WC3. Complete ! I'll wait until Diablo 3 is released to let Blizzard suck my soul again. Dawn of War 2 blows this away no question. Cartoony graphics with antiquated gameplay.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
So many Blizzard trailers just weird me out. They have amazing CGI, great characters, background, etc... And then they make trailers that are basically just action stances.

Why not, yanno, have a marine actually ripping through some zerg? Or vice versa? Throw some Protoss in there. Same with their Warcraft trailers. No one actually DOES anything. I dunno what action you guys are talking about, nothing is really happening. As far as we know, that pistol had blanks.

[citation][nom]proxy711[/nom]Ya i think a lot of features will be added before release like chat channels etc. if they allow cross game chat with friends ie message your guild leader in wow while playing SC2 i think a chat channel is probability not that hard to add.Idk what you mean by:But an RTS with overhead view and gunfights really shouldn't be rated less then teen or rated M, it makes sense to me. last time i checked the zerg didn't have a goo attack that melted ghosts clothes off.(in before someone mods that into the game)[/citation]

It also means the cinematics won't be gory at all, the story won't contain much in the way of adult fare, and with units like marines (that appear to have high blood pressure) mixed with big slashy sharp things on the Zerg, I don't see why the battlefield shouldn't be able to get ridiculously gory.

G

Everyone knows Blizzard does get CGI movies. It has no bearing on the quality of the game. I too have played SC2 beta and left feeling unimpressed compared to playing other RTS games made in the past 2-3 years. Very boring rinse and repeat 1990s style RTS gameplay. I'm sure Korea will be pleased :p

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
StarCraft2 was great on beta, and surely will be great when released. I really don't get people whining about price or about not buying SC2. I mean it's like saying "Oh, the new Ferrari - I would never buy it!" :p

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]Meh, I hope Blizzard dies soon. For the single fact that it's made by Blizzard, I will never buy StarCraft 2, NEVER.WoW has nearly the MMO genre, and even some of it's gay *** as starting to some to normal RPGs.And I know this will get downrated by a bunch of Blizzdrones. Yet I could probably bash EA and get uprated by you drones.[/citation]
That's a poor decision, denying a game being good because of the company that made it. Pandemic sucks then because of Mercenaries 2... Anyways, your opinion is valid but when you start cursing at people yea, you're going to be down'd. I loved Warcraft, I loved Diablo, I only ever played WoW during a week trial. Sure I thought it ......, I mean I didn't really want to follow missions to level up, the whole thing seemed boring and overused. Gamewise I try to stray away from games that need to suck your whole life away in order to get a certain amount of levels, Eve would have been the closest I would have gotten to abandoning my life. Starcraft 2 won't ......, the features may .....for now but the actual game will not.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]Meh, I hope Blizzard dies soon.[/citation]

I do not want to troll (or feed the troll) but I guess you are either a console gamer, a troll or a pre-teen who knows nothing about video games history.
Blizzard is one of the few remaining companies who develop (almost, as they have done some good console games before)exclusively for PC and take their time to polish games before to release them as masterpieces.
Most other companies prefer to do some cheap ports of console games.
The only problem would be the influence of Activision/Kotick on the business model applied to games.
But the gaming part of Blizzard games is still far more entertaining, polished an deeper than most other games.

ps: to counter possible flame war, I do play both PC and console games and I enjoy good polished games on both but I hate crappy ports.

dasper

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]Is that... NOVA?![/citation]
Its Sara Kerrigan. They will be telling the full story of what happened to her in the Terran campaign in SC1 and the scenes are when she was left to die to the zerg and they will explain her transition to the Queen of Blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.