Question PC won't boot to the BIOS ?

Jun 30, 2024
Today, I built a PC. After finishing the build and attempting to start it, it turned on. The CPU fans and case fans are spinning, and the LED light is on, which suggests that no operating system is installed. I have already waited for 30 minutes, but it still hasn't booted into the BIOS. I removed the CMOS battery and switched the jumper with a screwdriver, but the screen still shows no signal and no BIOS appears.

I haven't installed either an HDD or an SSD. I don't know if this is an issue. I also tried booting with only one RAM stick and without a graphics card. Nothing works, however. My motherboard and processor do not have integrated graphics, so I rely on an external graphics card, which I have used. The fans of the graphics card are spinning, which is positive. However, I have noticed that the USB ports both in the front and back are not supplying power. Have I connected something incorrectly? I would greatly appreciate a helpful response.
I just want to access the BIOS.

Best regards,

Specs:
Motherboard: MSI B550 A-Pro

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

PSU: Enermax Maxpro 2

RAM: 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V black DDR4-3600 CL18

HDD / SSD: None

Cooler: AMD Stock, the one that came with the CPU.

Graphics card: I don't even remember, it's some MSI NVIDIA card.

Jun 30, 2024
could be an issue with this power supply.
they have been proven to not be able to handle a dedicated graphics card or any type of heavy power usage.

the PSU wattage and the particular graphics card in use are a major factor here though.
you need to include both.
I did switch the PSU to an Be quiet Pure Power 10 500W but same problem

Jun 30, 2024
and if this card requires more than 500w you may still be facing the exact same issue.

that's why i've requested the particular model of th

Oh my bad it's a very old card from 2010 so I don't really know the model but after careful consideration I believe my graphics card is broken I've managed to fix my USB ports they deliver power now, all fans are spinning including the CPU one. Since I don't have integrated graphics I rely on the graphics card to shows the bios screen and due to it being old I just assumed it just died. The graphics card I used was from my old 2010 build which still worked fine last week and had a 500W PSU.

But thanks for your help

Last edited: