Video from the motherboard instead of the GPU

Dec 2, 2018
Hi there...

I have an asus tuf b450m plus gaming mobo and a r7 260x gpu.

I want to test some things and i just want to use the mobo video output, but when i connect the hdmi and reboot, there's no signal. (Of course i know windows boot cause i heard the sound but the monitor keeps black).

I already tried changing the default video from pci-e to igfx on the uefi, but whatever i do, i can't get the video from the motherboard.

Anyone else whit this problem or an advice?

Edit: i forget to mention, obviously i completely disconnected the gpu from pci-e and the power.

Solution
It should work. Check 2 things:

1. What CPU do you have? For onboard graphics you must have a Ryzen G processor (ie Ryzen 5 2400G). If you have an X or no letter, then onboard graphics will not work.

2. Does you bios have a multi-monitor option (For Asus boards, it is normally in the advanced section) and is it enabled?
It should work. Check 2 things:

1. What CPU do you have? For onboard graphics you must have a Ryzen G processor (ie Ryzen 5 2400G). If you have an X or no letter, then onboard graphics will not work.

2. Does you bios have a multi-monitor option (For Asus boards, it is normally in the advanced section) and is it enabled?

Solution
Dec 2, 2018

ok sir, that's the answer. everyday we learn something new. (my cpu is a ryzen 5 1500x)

thank you.