I just bought a new dig camcorder (Panasonic PV-GS200). I loaded all of the drivers and everything is updated. The problem I have is I hooked up the camcorder to my PC (via USB hub) and XP did the rest. It detected my camcorder but I cannot for the life of me get video. I can get sound, but all I see is a black screen on the CPU.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

BTW, the camcorder is great, but the documentation/support blows!

USB is for transfer of still images - called PhotoShots in Panasonic speak.

You'll need a firewire port and cable for transfer of digital video.
www.coribright.com

"Quasi Camcorder" <meximodo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I just bought a new dig camcorder (Panasonic PV-GS200). I loaded all of
the drivers and everything is updated. The problem I have is I hooked up the
camcorder to my PC (via USB hub) and XP did the rest. It detected my
camcorder but I cannot for the life of me get video. I can get sound, but
all I see is a black screen on the CPU.
> Any advice is greatly appreciated.
>
> BTW, the camcorder is great, but the documentation/support blows!

Cari,
I went and bought a firewire cable. Hooked my camcorder to my port and now I owe you lunch! Everything runs like a champ. Thanks!

McDonalds 1/4lb w/cheese and fries will be fine! I'd prefer Red Lobster,but
you just had to fork out for the firewire cable!!!!!

Happy editing!

> Cari,
> I went and bought a firewire cable. Hooked my camcorder to my port and
now I owe you lunch! Everything runs like a champ. Thanks!

BTW, why does it work perfectly with W2K and the USB, but not WinXP? I (for kicks) tried it on my OLD PIII w/W2K and it worked with the USB (no firewire on that one). Slow (550), but worked.

I'll mail you a GC.

You may have had special capture software installed on the Win2K PC - well
you must have had since Windows MovieMaker doesn't work on Win2K!