VIDEO: Valve Updates Portal With New Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

You guys are very late. This ending was revealed at Portal 2's announcement.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Yeh!!! An excuse to play through Portal again! IMHO, one of the most clever games of the decade. Kudos to the guys at VALVe for keeping the game interesting and working hard on the sequel. Now if they would just get the friggen thing finished already (along with HL2:EP3)! Worth the wait though, I'm sure. :)

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]They should have added the song to the video...[/citation]That song is absolutely great. I'm still bugging my buddy that's in a local metal band to try a riff-laden screamo cover of it.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Portal was definitely different. I loved HL2 (Sill my favourite FPS of all time) and bought the Orange box to get the sequels and portal turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
It wasn't really extended so much as having a few seconds more added to it. Extended in my mind would mean another scene, or another bit of action. Being dragged across the ground with an additional ten words is not much.

I did play through again, get all the radios, and still had tons of fun. One of the best games ever in my opinion. Portal 2 better not mess it up!

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]That song is absolutely great. I'm still bugging my buddy that's in a local metal band to try a riff-laden screamo cover of it.[/citation]
Dude if you start a petition, I'd sign it.
http://www.petitiononline.com/ :)

biofishfreak

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
I have to agree with Regulas- HL2 is way better. I wish Valve would stop throwing resources into Left 4 Dead, and release HL2:E3. I mean seriously, its painful! I'm hoping Episode 3 is longer than Episode 2 also. Then I suppose, it will be another six year wait between that and HL3.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
I thought the original ending was clever. I remember how every time I thought it was going to end, it had a different sort of twist to it. I'll definitely have to dust it off and play it through again.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I am ashamed to say I have never played Portal and don't know anything about it. I am assuming its a mod and about to be made into a full blown sequel like TF2 was with Portal 2.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]justcallmeben[/nom]Old news is old This update came on March 3rd, and that video was posted not long after.Tom's getting slow[/citation]

No. This is just a filler for a slow news day.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
How is this ending truly different from the original ending with a hundred glowing robot/computer eyes staring at the cake in a basement somewhere? I mean, that was enough to tell me there was going to be a sequel.

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]Portal was definitely different. I loved HL2 (Sill my favourite FPS of all time) and bought the Orange box to get the sequels and portal turned out to be a pleasant surprise.[/citation]

yeah i bought orange box for the same reason. I didn't know anything about portal until i actually played it for the first time.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
this is old news...
i almost had a heart attack when i saw "Portal" and "New" in the title add to that the utube video... ~_~
wasn't this posted before on TH or did i read it in some other website??

[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]That song is absolutely great. I'm still bugging my buddy that's in a local metal band to try a riff-laden screamo cover of it.[/citation]

Probably been done already. I found a lot of versions on YouTube so far. A rock version, pop version, original writer version, Mario Paint version, terminal version.

Hell I even found a Russian band version.

Still Alive is probably the most popular video game song released in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts