Question Video_Scheduler_Inter_Error Unigine says memory corruption?

chamkeyd

Reputable
Dec 26, 2018
I'm running a 3 year old ASUS ROG Strix 1660ti.
I've been having a problem with my computer giving me a video_scheduler_internal_error (vsie) for about 4 months now. Opening web browsers, a game, my graphics design programs, watching a video - all of the above would crash my pc. Screen goes black, internal speaker goes beep and computer restarts. A few times I managed to catch the vsie bsod so I tried everything that I found online apart from using another card, as I don't know anyone with one that I could use. I don't have a spare either.

I thought it might have been a conflict between my cuda drivers and an update that I made a while back so I tried removing them with 0 success. I've done multiple tests to determine what might be wrong and furmark, unigine and gpumemtest didn't report anything wrong with the card.
Today I had enough and backed up everything before resetting the pc. Full wipe.
Same problem.

I ran unigine heaven and I finally have an answer, I'm just not sure what it means or what I can do to rectify the problem.
Here's a picture showing the error I've encountered.

Any help will be appreciated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It could be the memory on the GPU itself

where do you get the Nvidia drivers from?\

tried running ddu and using drivers from either:
  • Nvidia
  • Windows update (which are just older Nvidia drivers)
  • Maker of card

chamkeyd

Reputable
Dec 26, 2018
It could be the memory on the GPU itself

where do you get the Nvidia drivers from?\

tried running ddu and using drivers from either:
  • Nvidia
  • Windows update (which are just older Nvidia drivers)
  • Maker of card

I had used DDU before when I was doing all my fixes. As I said, today I wiped the computer and installed windows again.
I added the absolute latest drivers and performed a clean install even then.
While installing the drivers the first time, the pc crashed restarted. The second time, they installed without issue.

Tried all the drivers. But even before I installed the drivers the pc restarted.

chamkeyd

Reputable
Dec 26, 2018
Unfortunately I don't have another PC to test on and neither do I know anyone with a pc I can test on. Is there a way to fix memory corruption on a graphics card?