Videos not Playing

PoppLnZ

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Heyy, so I've been having problems on my computer running videos and it's kind of odd. The only videos I CAN load are basically only on youtube. But when it comes to steam and twitch videos (I don't watch videos really anywhere else) they wont buffer or play all the way. I can play small segments then I have to click an other place on a load bar and then it'll play another 20 seconds or so and stomp.

But the odd parts are this, im running on an above average wifi connection that I also use on my ipad. The ipad can run can run all videos perfectly fine.
Also I'm thinking this could be related, I use to be able to run twitch saved videos and steam videos until I got an add virus tryin to download Sphax for minecraft. The virus launches an its own internet explorer browser playing cancer and commercial adds and spots cookies all over my computer drive or whatever but I cant find the main cookie thing. Just randomly pops up o my desk top(Don't have a good antivirus only a comp scan). The closest ive found is related to Conduit something.. ? So idk if someone could help me figure out a solution I would be very thankful

avjguy2362

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
You have got to get any free antivirus and get rid of that virus first. I have used AVG free for years and it works well and doesn't slow my computer down. After you run the anti-virus, try using system restore to go back before you had the virus. Then put your Windows disk in and choose Repair, unless you have a laptop, in which there are frequently repair partitions built in that are accessible through windows, check your manual. This is to re-install any missing system files.
If you are still having issues another route is Kaspersky's Rescue disk. It is a self booting (CD, DVD or USB) Linux system with a browser that will run their anti-virus for you.
http://support.kaspersky.com/4162
Then after you are using a clean system, see if you are still having the video problems. I assume you used to be able to run these videos? Steam and twitch videos are pretty standard, they should run no problem without any special codecs. I use W7 and they play fine.
If you want to try AVG: (there are a lot of choices here, you can search Cnet)
http://download.cnet.com/AVG-AntiVirus-Free-2014/3000-2239_4-10320142.html?tag=mncol;1