ViewSonic VSD220 Smart Display with Android Comes to U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I think this would be a great first PC for my mum. Nice big screen for her to read with her bad eyes, easy to use (After I customize it a little..) and fast enough for any task she would require from it.

All at a fairly low price. Plus if she doesn't like it woo extra monitor. :p

ozicom

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2012
I think this is the product of the year. Yes sometimes i have to power up all my PC just to check my e-mail but with this monitor i can check with only my monitor. I'm just wondering how much does this cost. And can we use the touchscreen features with our PC or is it just reserved for android?
That's the questions i have in my mind.

Johmama

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
My big question is: could this maybe be used as a very large tablet? I realize most people don't want a HUGE tablet, but it might actually interest me (think: I'm using it as a second-monitor in my room and I want to walk out to my living room and sit on the couch and use a tablet). I think that would be awesome! Again, I realize it would be unwieldy to most people, but if it's possible to pick this thing up and move it around almost like a tablet, I'd seriously consider finally investing in a "tablet".

nurgletheunclean

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
[citation][nom]Johmama[/nom]My big question is: could this maybe be used as a very large tablet?[/citation]

No battery. You'd need to have it plugged into AC. If you are ok with a cord then I don't see why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.