Question Virgin media Hub5 replacement?

Altom_

Reputable
Dec 18, 2020
currently got a Virgin media hub 5 and it seems to be dropping out and coming back sometimes i can take ages to come back and only way to fix it is restart the router however
after looking into it a bit i believe its something to do with the Sync timing and i believe that indicates a problem with the timing synchronization of the modem.
now i go through the trouble shooting with virgin they say something wrong with it they reset it for 20mins and then ill have the problem again later.

i was hoping if there any suggestions for a replacement for it.

kanewolf

Titan
currently got a Virgin media hub 5 and it seems to be dropping out and coming back sometimes i can take ages to come back and only way to fix it is restart the router however
after looking into it a bit i believe its something to do with the Sync timing and i believe that indicates a problem with the timing synchronization of the modem.
now i go through the trouble shooting with virgin they say something wrong with it they reset it for 20mins and then ill have the problem again later.

i was hoping if there any suggestions for a replacement for it.
First thing is to see if you have a cabling problem in your house. Coax can have issues. My first troubleshooting step would be to run new coax across the floor to the outside where the coax comes from the street.

Altom_

Reputable
Dec 18, 2020
First thing is to see if you have a cabling problem in your house. Coax can have issues. My first troubleshooting step would be to run new coax across the floor to the outside where the coax comes from the street.
I will give it ago though I don't think that would cause a intermittent problem but then again if it was a connection from outside the house maybe from the weather it could be sending incorrect data? I'm not sure

TRENDING THREADS