Virtual Memory Changing

Jun 8, 2018
Hello, I have 8gb ram. I have learned that you can make your ram memory better with changing the virtual memory by calculating it. I was watching a video from youtube and I changed my virtual memory properly. I have just one problem / or i dont know if it is normal. The computer works fine and little bit faster you can feel it, but why in the recommended tap it says 1900 recommended, but I have 8gb ram. Can someone please help? is that normal, or why?
Nn9KMWg.png

Solution
From what I see...you allocated more than is recommended.

I see nothing wrong with this....and it may even be a good thing....as you say..."works fine and little bit faster you can feel it".

All you are doing is setting aside space on the hard drive that can be used as memory....slower than actual memory....but it "acts" like memory.
...and 14GB isn't much in the way of HD space....so it's not like you're losing a lot.

..all that being said....if it's working OK....I'd leave it alone.

i don't think you are going to do much better with the swap file than you already have.
Jun 8, 2018

Thank you for the quick reply, so now can i keep using 10000 initial size and maximum 10000 or should i switch to 1900, because with 10000 calculated, my computer is faster and its better i think so.

From what I see...you allocated more than is recommended.

I see nothing wrong with this....and it may even be a good thing....as you say..."works fine and little bit faster you can feel it".

All you are doing is setting aside space on the hard drive that can be used as memory....slower than actual memory....but it "acts" like memory.
...and 14GB isn't much in the way of HD space....so it's not like you're losing a lot.

..all that being said....if it's working OK....I'd leave it alone.

i don't think you are going to do much better with the swap file than you already have.

Solution