Virtuix Omni Mini-IPO Rakes In $2.5 Million Within First 24 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
omg, if you think vr headset and motion controller plus motions camera was overboard, now we have freaking VR treadmills

You know what treadmills are too low tech how about a VR indoor vertical wall treadmill so you can climb on your house walls !

thezooloomaster

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
omg, if you think vr headset and motion controller plus motions camera was overboard, now we have freaking VR treadmills

You know what treadmills are too low tech how about a VR indoor vertical wall treadmill so you can climb on your house walls !

Technically it's not a treadmill. There are real omnidirectional treadmills (that cost a fortune and take up considerably more space), of which a good example would be the Infinadeck. The Virtuix is just a slippery bowl. I dread to imagine how sore your ankles would be after playing a game for a few hours with that thing.

teamninja

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
Is this investment worthy to me not really.... more like a gimick to me.... True VR is something totally different to me... where you would basically have all 5 senses transported into a digital space where it is then isolated from your real body NOW that is investment worthy

Aragorn

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
<quote>Is this investment worthy to me not really.... more like a gimick to me.... True VR is something totally different to me... where you would basically have all 5 senses transported into a digital space where it is then isolated from your real body NOW that is investment worthy </quote>

AKA the matrix

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
I'm quite interested since i don't have enough free space in my house for the Vive's room tracking feature, but between the Vive or Rift itself, the Omni threadmill and upgrading my computer i'm looking at easily more than 2.000 investment, something hard to justify for just playing games. And we don't know for sure about developer support.

I will wait for a while to see how things develop.

Is this investment worthy to me not really.... more like a gimick to me.... True VR is something totally different to me... where you would basically have all 5 senses transported into a digital space where it is then isolated from your real body NOW that is investment worthy

You're asking for science fiction. And we're likely not to see a development like that in our lifetime.
So take it or leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.