vista desktop freeze after startup cursor work ctrl alt del doesn't work restore point does not fix the problem

SOKIN

Honorable
May 2, 2013
vista desktop freeze constantly after startup, only cursor moves , ctrl alt del doesn't work, restore point does not fix the problem... what to do tryed everything through safe mode... PLZ HELP!!!

SOKIN

Honorable
May 2, 2013

yep I did startup repair but not the one that needs back up cause I dont have one...
THANX 4 YOUR ASSISTANCE!

SOKIN

Honorable
May 2, 2013

did it but no luck..

SOKIN

Honorable
May 2, 2013

Its a Laptop the setup OS vista is inside theres no CD

The manufacturer should be able to provide you with a system restore disc (discs), maybe for a fee or not. You will need to use the activation key from the label affixed on the laptop.
I am afraid that without a OS disc you will not be able to solve this, if the registry has been altered by some software and is causing this behavior the only way to restore it to defaults is to do a repair of the OS installation. For that you'll need an image of the laptop (restore to factory settings) or at least a OS disc (to do a repair of the OS only). If you can launch the factory restore process that came with the laptop, you'll lose all the settings and programs that you put on it afterwards, but at least you'll have a working PC. After that (if you decide to go this route), make sure you create a restore image from the system as you like it and store it on a separate drive, along with the OS activation key ( in case the label becomes illegible).

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
What have you installed recently, you may have to uninstall it, you may need to use Safe Mode to get to the Control Panel.

When the laptop does freeze up, are you at desktop or are you using a program or playing a game?

SOKIN

Honorable
May 2, 2013

I would prefer to avoid factory restore since I cant make a back up through safe mode, but I ll try to contact manufacturer for OS disc or something. Thanx mate

SOKIN

Honorable
May 2, 2013

Freeze comes 2 secs after startup on desktop.
I made a clean startup but before that I unistall all previous programms, but nothing helped. The last thing I did before this fault was Windows update for a security matter...

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Talk about freezing this Question made my IE9 freeze (Vista x32)!
It seemed to take as much as 159kb (it's still swirling even though I end Process in Task Manager)
Edit - It's not this page that was the issue but Yahoo home page, even after closing the tab, the process was still active.

You may have to go to Safe Mode and Restore to a Previous point or uninstall that "security matter" update.

If you need to backup some important files, you can use a peripheral dock or enclosure for the HDD, mount it on a different system and save your files from there. You will not be able to save programs/settings, but you can salvage the files.
Of course, this is in case you don't have any luck with the manufacturer.

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Start > All Programs > Maintenance > Backup & Restore

The Vista OS does not backup any system files only your own files and folders.

Usually, a freeze at desktop infers an under powered PSU as on boot up the maximum amount of watts is used for the maximum speeds and usage of ALL the devices attached.

What is make and model of PSU?

Can you get to Safe Mode?