Question VMware Camera Setup Problem

dadalka

Commendable
Nov 30, 2021
I'm running Windows 11 Pro 23H2 as a host. I'm using VMware Workstation 17 Player. I setup Linux Mint and Ubuntu as a guest. Can someone tell me how to get the USB Logitech 9000 camera to work on the Linux guests. I have tried everything I can think of with no results. If I use a Linux USB boot to start Linux everything works fine but in VMware and VirtualBox I can’t get ether of them to work.

I'm running Windows 11 Pro 23H2 as a host. I'm using VMware Workstation 17 Player. I setup Linux Mint and Ubuntu as a guest. Can someone tell me how to get the USB Logitech 9000 camera to work on the Linux guests. I have tried everything I can think of with no results. If I use a Linux USB boot to start Linux everything works fine but in VMware and VirtualBox I can’t get ether of them to work.
Have you added a USB controller on the VM? I know that in order for USB to work on ESXi you need to add that to the VM but am not sure if it is the same using Workstation Pro.

TerryLaze

Polypheme
BANNED
Have you added a USB controller on the VM? I know that in order for USB to work on ESXi you need to add that to the VM but am not sure if it is the same using Workstation Pro.
The base config should already have one.
The trick is to disconnect the usb device and reconnect it while VM is running, it will recognize that a device was entered and will ask you if you want it to connect to the host or the VM.

Reactions: jeremyj_83

dadalka

Commendable
Nov 30, 2021
jeremyi_83 yes I have. I also deleted it and reinstalled it with no luck
TerryLaze I've tried that with no luck

I tried all of this with VMware and VirtualBox and no luck

dadalka

Commendable
Nov 30, 2021
What I found out is all VM's (VMware, Virtual box, Hyper-V) will not pass USB over to Linux guest. If I use Rufus to make a bootable USB for what ever Linux I'm going to use everything works fine. So I'm really missing something here. Any help?????? I have tried everything that everyone has suggested.

What I found out is all VM's (VMware, Virtual box, Hyper-V) will not pass USB over to Linux guest. If I use Rufus to make a bootable USB for what ever Linux I'm going to use everything works fine. So I'm really missing something here. Any help?????? I have tried everything that everyone has suggested.
While this is sending it to a Windows machine, have you tried doing this?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGQpDGW6uPo