Question VMWare Workstation 15 and graphic card? Has to use one or can use dedicated or???

Apr 24, 2020
Hello, i've been searching on the internet for some time and was not able to find an answer for this question. So i really hope someone here can help me understand how this works so I can overcome this obstacle and buy a pc.
Let's get to the point.
From my understanding VMWare workstaiton 15 doesn't have GPU passthrough. HyperV or smth like that has this feature but i don't have an option or time or knowledge to build ESXi or whatever the name is.
Also what i've learned just recently that not all new CPUS come with integrated graphics. Lets take AMD Ryzen NoN G versions for an example.
So what im trying to understand is what does VMWare workstation 15 use forgraphics? It has to use something, right? And GPU passthorugh is not allowed, so how does it actually work when you dont have an integrated GPU or APU in amd? Like lets say you have AMD Ryzen R7 3700x and any dedicated gpu?

Anyway what i'm planning to do is buy a machine run bunch of VMs on it so i can run games on each VM.
So if VMWare Workstation uses only integrated graphics card then my best choice would be ryzen r5 3400g, considering they have the best apu out there. If that is not the case, and vmware can use a dedicated gpu somehow then I can pick easily since i have a variety of choices out there. If theres some third way that VMWare works and i didn't understand it, I'd really appreciate if someone could explain or point me to a text that hold explanation.

D

Deleted member 14196

VMware will work with any video card integrated or not. Course it will work better with the faster video card you don’t need Passthrough. VMware 15 is extremely expensive so I’m wondering where you’re getting a license for this just to play games which is basically a worthless prospect

VMware will work with any video card integrated or not. Course it will work better with the faster video card you don’t need Passthrough. VMware 15 is extremely expensive so I’m wondering where you’re getting a license for this just to play games which is basically a worthless prospect
The free VMplayer has been integrated into VMworkstation so my guess would be that he is talking about the free version.
Also yes, VM has hardware 3d acceleration and can use the dedicated GPU.

Apr 24, 2020
Hey guys, thanks for your answers!
I was talking about a free version, yes. I could also get PRO version if it is that a huge improvement. The point is to install as many as possible VMS on 1 pc. Every VM has a game installed on it with a bot that will play the game.
Since i found out they don't support gpu passthrough i though it doesn't use gpu resources at all. Well then i'm guessing the answer to my question is the more expensive machine the better, right?