[SOLVED] Voltage for my overclock

May 21, 2020
So I have a fairly old CPU (FX 8320) but for what games i play I am very happy with it as I don't need a super high end system. I wanted to overclock the CPU from 3.5Ghz to 3.8Ghz but saw no way to adjust the voltage in my bios. The option was on "Auto" and was greyed out giving me no way of increasing it. Is the jump from 3.5 to 3.8 enough to warrent that much of a voltage increase or should it be okay just possibly higher temps. The current voltage on HWinfo is 3700 @ 1.4v
Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
So I have a fairly old CPU (FX 8320) but for what games i play I am very happy with it as I don't need a super high end system. I wanted to overclock the CPU from 3.5Ghz to 3.8Ghz but saw no way to adjust the voltage in my bios. The option was on "Auto" and was greyed out giving me no way of increasing it. Is the jump from 3.5 to 3.8 enough to warrent that much of a voltage increase or should it be okay just possibly higher temps. The current voltage on HWinfo is 3700 @ 1.4v
Thanks.
300MHz is just at the border of being useless, with good cooling even 1.5v is acceptable, Which MB do you have ?
Thanks.
300MHz is just at the border of being useless, with good cooling even 1.5v is acceptable, Which MB do you have ?

Solution