Voltage locked Gigabyte HD7950 WF

unchiusm

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
Hi there Guys , yesterday I just bought my 7950 from Gigabyte . It's a really nice peace of equipment . Before I had this GPU i was running my good ol' refference HD5870 (Great GPU but will not miss it :)) ) . So I slap the bad boy into my FX-8350 system and run some tests.

First of all I did a Heaven Benchmark 4.0 . With my old GPU (stock) I was getting around 650 Points . With my new GPU (stock) I got 1200 - and when I turned up the core clock to 1000Mhz and the memory clock to 1500 Mhz I got 1330 , That's quite impressive

My old GPU was sitting around 85 Degrees Celsius (and this was stock clock) . With my new one I get max 60 Degrees OCed (35% fan speed), so pretty damn nice.

My only concern is that this one is Voltage Locked unfortunately . So I noticed that this GPU has 2 bioses so I switched to the second bios thinking that maybe it will unlock the voltage or something but not :| . I was wondering if there is anyway to bypass that :D

I can only play games at 975 Mhz without them crashing at a certain point so if I could get this guy to run at 1100 Mhz I would be really really happy because it will just destroy games :)

Anyone that could help me out ? Thank you in advance

i have a voltage locked 7950 also.... im stuck at 1.25v. i used to use msi afterburner to overclocking but since it does nothing for me now i just use amd catalyst control center for my overclock. all i did was turn the power slider up to 120% and ive been running 1150mhz core and 1575mhz memory with no problems in games whatsoever. i find it very very hard to believe that you cant stay stable at 1100mhz core. just make sure you have the power limit up at 120%

unchiusm

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013

It won't let me . As soon as I crank it up to 1100 Mhz , 1575 Memory and +20% Power at that point my benchmark won't
even start . Can anyone help me out :| .

My bios version is : GV-R795WF3-3GD.F2 if that helps

Edit 1 : My only stable clock is 975Core and 1575 Memory in games :(

Edit 2 : Maybe it has to do with my stock 4.0Ghz FX-8350 ?

what power supply do you have? have you flipped back to the other switch on your bios? open up the side of the case and make sure the card is well seated in the x16 slot and that the 6+6 power pin is fully plugged in all the way(unless you got a rare 8x6 power pin)

unchiusm

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013

I have a Corsair RM850 Gold so I guess that's not the problem , The GPU is in it's place so are the power pins , if they weren't it won't start at all I guess. Hmm I really don't know whats going on here :|