VoodooPC Founder Joining Razer as Bord of Directors Advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2012
Unless it's something like the Falcon Northwest Tiki with a GTX Titan then not really...

I just can't justify having someone build a PC that is heavily overpriced when you can do it yourself.

They have to bring something new and unique if they want a shot.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
sigh...
"Gaming PC's" are like buying nike shoes... where the workers put in two layers of "comfort material" into the sole of the shoe, and got paid one and a half bags of rice, instead of one...

What I'm trying to say is, I could build the same thing for cheaper, and without a stupid name that means nothing except in the fringe pc nostalgia world... which, by the way, does nothing to help me make top scores.....

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]sigh..."Gaming PC's" are like buying nike shoes... where the workers put in two layers of "comfort material" into the sole of the shoe, and got paid one and a half bags of rice, instead of one...What I'm trying to say is, I could build the same thing for cheaper, and without a stupid name that means nothing except in the fringe pc nostalgia world... which, by the way, does nothing to help me make top scores.....[/citation]
I challenge you to build something as small as the Falcon Northwest Tiki which performs as well or better for significantly less. Or match the Maingear Shift's vertical GPU liquid-cooling system. Raw performance per dollar is one thing, form-factor and style is another, and even if you could get both at the same time, there's also time to factor in. Time is money and not all people still have the time to be building their own custom PCs, which is where boutique PC shops come in.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]merikafyeah[/nom]I challenge you to build something as small as the Falcon Northwest Tiki which performs as well or better for significantly less. Or match the Maingear Shift's vertical GPU liquid-cooling system. Raw performance per dollar is one thing, form-factor and style is another, and even if you could get both at the same time, there's also time to factor in. Time is money and not all people still have the time to be building their own custom PCs, which is where boutique PC shops come in.[/citation]
actually i could built something that perform wayyyyy best, for wayyyy less. Maybe not with the same style and form factor. But anyway i had always consider Falcon Northwest ot have the crappiest design ever.

Fulgurant

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012

Yup. There's nothing wrong with paying for convenience. If you have the cash, then why not?

Of course, there are "boutique" (for lack of a better term) PC builders that soak unsuspecting customers -- and those builders give builders in general a bad name.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
please, let him going there mean he will try to force higher quality standards on their products.

razer mice are great designs but with crap internals.

Touko

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
Who needs another overpriced desktop gaming pc with dorky design?

Anybody and his grandmother can pick out parts and newegg and plug them together for a third of the price of these atrocities.

Touko

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
A gaming system built in a Silverstone SG08 easily beats the Falcon Northwest Tiki - with better cooling to boot.

Added benefit: It'll never fall over, even if your kid or your dog slams into it full tilt.

A tall, very narrow computer is just a dumb idea waiting to turn into an accident. As a rackmount it would work dandy, but I still dislike a bunch of tiny fans in anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.