VOTW: Controlling Super Mario With Your Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I think it has no political at this point, it seems very disturbing moving your eye so away from the screen, look while the play each motion is so big and sharp, Ill get tired rolling your eyes over pretty quickly.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
good way to over complicate a video game. that would be very difficult to control. kinda reminds me of kirby tilt n tumble on gbc. when you tilt the handheld away from you, you can't even see what you are doing any more.

znegval

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Of course it's not practical from a gamer's point of view. However it's a nice little trick they did there and I see no reason for complaining it wouldn't work. Has the gamers population grown bigger in Tom's than computer enthusiasts? Might as well go all for graphics card and console news if so. I like this article.

jamada

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
They reversed the directions. For example, rather than looking up to jump, you would tilt your head up and look down towards the screen. It's more natural for people who tend to follow the actions with their body, and it allows you to keep looking at the screen.

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
They should make "jump" eyes down so that you can nod your head up to jump instead of taking your eyes of the screen.

jamada

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
[citation][nom]matt314[/nom]They should make "jump" eyes down so that you can nod your head up to jump instead of taking your eyes of the screen.[/citation]
They already did that.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Remember being 5 and trying to play super mario and when you'd jump you ended up moving the whole controller? Some of them were moving their whole heads, not just their eyes like they were supposed to. Too funny.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Great promise for the handicapped. And I find offense in everyone that says it's useless. Tell that to my friend who is permanently in a wheel chair, can't talk without a machine, and types on the computer with her nose because she has very low ability to use her appendages but is completely capable of moving her head and facial muscles. She's never played a "real" video game in her life because she can't... She was born this way. I'm sure she'd enjoy hours of Super Mario if she had it available to her at a reasonable price.

Lets not forget while it may difficult to play Super Mario this technology could open up gaming systems to the handicapped with games tailored to this control mechanism.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Cool if you don't have use of your hands, but sucks that you have to look away.

[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]so what happens if you have to blink?[/citation] You jump, did you not see the beginning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS