Review Voxelab Aquila X2 3D Printer Review: Inexpensive, But Unimpressive

Mar 3, 2022
Well, 'Tom's' views seem a little elitist..... 'can't decide what it wants to be', where is his confusion?
This printer is a staggeringly good value, professionally made quality product that has more functionality than the much vaunted Ender 3 v2.

In my experience it is a pretty much flawless printer apart from an audible fan, which is hardly the end of the world when the printer costs less than 70% of the Ender 3 v2.

As for the handful of even cheaper Ender 3 lookalikes, I haven't seen reviews of any that have matched the feature set and build quality of the Aquila x2 at the same price point.

If you are in two minds about whether to buy one of these Vs a Creality machine, don't give it a second thought. At the Feb 2022 prices available in the UK there is no contest, you would be mad to buy Creality.

I am delighted with my purchase of the Voxelab machine. The main other contender was the Artillery Hornet, but I didn't like the way that you couldn't cold pull, because of the combined cable+bowden-tube... otherwise I would have bout that one, it's about 10% cheaper than the Aquila x2 and almost half the price of the Ender 3 v2 in the UK.

Just in case anyone wants some user-feedback.... Voxelab have made various videos and the assembly manual is perfectly clear 95% of the time. So assembly was a breeze,(I had watched a couple of build videos before so I recognised the parts). Also, all the comments I hear about their customer service department are very positive.... nice to hear that since I assume they are in China.

If I needed two printers I'd buy another. And yes 'TOM' it does know what it's about. It is a budget version of a good solid enthusiast's machine at a startlingly good price. With no significant technical compromises to hit the price point!