[SOLVED] VPN for specific games/softwares?

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
I downloaded PUBG PC Lite, and it's only available in few countries, so I use hideme vpn software and set my location to Singapore. Now I can't do other things while playing in the background like playing songs, and other stuff. Not necessarily for games, other apps like only a browsers, and a downloader. Then I can stream with no vpn cuz there's a data limit for free VPNs also it's slower than normal internet. So, is there any way or software that can specify which software will use VPN and other's will not. It doesn't have to be hideme VPN servide but hideme gives a great ping while gaming.

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
The matter with VPN's is that the app will disguise your location of the desktop and your NIC with one of another location/IP address. When you do so, everything you use on that desktop/laptop/device is bound by that new IP address so all apps will use that route for data. You could access your VPN on your router but that will also leave you with the same limitations.

I know nothing about that software but many vpn clients have the ability to set only certain traffic to use the VPN. It tends to be rather painful to configure because you need to put in lists of IP addresses. If you only want to run the game traffic though the vpn it might no be too bad.
This is read the manual type of thing to see how you can configure it.

What likely will work is to use the ROUTE command to do the same thing. The route command is not hard but it will take you a bit to understand what you doing. Depending how the VPN is implemented you should be able to leave the default 0.0.0.0 route use your normal router and then only put in the list of game servers to use the gateway the VPN uses.

A note on free vpn. Nothing is free and the many of these so called free vpn providers do very nasty things. Some it is as simple as forcing advertising into your browser sessions other have been caught using people machines to mine bitcoin. Be extremely careful, you are better off paying the $5 a month for one of the better services.

Reactions: TJ Hooker

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
A note on free vpn. Nothing is free and the many of these so called free vpn providers do very nasty things. Some it is as simple as forcing advertising into your browser sessions other have been caught using people machines to mine bitcoin. Be extremely careful, you are better off paying the 346.57₹ ($5) a month for one of the better services.
Well Hideme doesn't seem to be mining, and they do have a paid service, and even for the free 2 gb per month that I use, they set it for everyone that it has to be renewed by watching a add or waiting 5 mins every end of the month, which is not bad

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
What likely will work is to use the ROUTE command to do the same thing. The route command is not hard but it will take you a bit to understand what you doing. Depending how the VPN is implemented you should be able to leave the default 0.0.0.0 route use your normal router and then only put in the list of game servers to use the gateway the VPN uses.
You mean I need an actual router? (I do have a wifi router not to worry). How do I use the ROUTE command? Command Prompt. I very like to open settings of every app and make optimizations making it better for me.

OMG NEVERMIND. THERE"S LITERALLY A OPTION FOR SPLIT TUNNEL!
Lemme see what I can do. lololololl. LAMO.
View: https://imgur.com/a/1zIYBBa