[SOLVED] VPN from home PC to online Work software

Dec 3, 2020
Very much a novice here and need some advice.

Working from home and using a VPN. I log in to Outlook 365 online for work. I also log into an online database for work. Both of these are completely online. The VPN I use is something I purchased for home. There is no work software installed on my home PC that I'm aware of. After reading some articles, I'm concerned about Microsoft Teams and the ability for misuse.

With or without the VPN, is there a way for my employer to monitor my activities on my home computer?

Thank you.

Solution
If you are using your own computer and your employer has not installed any apps or configured any of the apps or settings, then I do not see how they could do that.
Yeah, not worries at all.

But if you want complete isolation, you can boot up a linux live cd/usb if these are just web-based or set up a virtual machine running a fresh stock instance of windows just for work. This is one of the reasons why having separate home and work machines is best.
Very much a novice here and need some advice.

Working from home and using a VPN. I log in to Outlook 365 online for work. I also log into an online database for work. Both of these are completely online. The VPN I use is something I purchased for home. There is no work software installed on my home PC that I'm aware of. After reading some articles, I'm concerned about Microsoft Teams and the ability for misuse.

With or without the VPN, is there a way for my employer to monitor my activities on my home computer?

Thank you.
If you are using your own computer and your employer has not installed any apps or configured any of the apps or settings, then I do not see how they could do that.

Yeah, not worries at all.

But if you want complete isolation, you can boot up a linux live cd/usb if these are just web-based or set up a virtual machine running a fresh stock instance of windows just for work. This is one of the reasons why having separate home and work machines is best.

Solution