Question VPN Service with Servers in India.

What VPN services have servers in India. And not some Random Virtual VPN as I plan to avoid few specific states(Meghalaya, Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Odisha, Sikkim, Nagaland and Telangana). But dedicated VPN. Please can some one look into it.

Reactions: MaddyZ
What is your reason for using a vpn. Many large international vpn provider removed their physical servers from india when the laws where changed to require user tracking.
That is to access a website which is legal and government approved in majority of states with exception to few listed above. I been using Opera VPN to access it but that works based on Servers outside the Country. Sadly that site stopped its access from outside India. I am sadly stuck in a State where it is not accessible. So have to use VPN to do so. But as Opera is out of options now I need a VPN which has servers in India.

My knowledge of india vpn is limited it used to be simpler but last summer I saw almost all the major vpn providers remove their servers. They all talk about using virtual vpn servers where they somehow give you a IP in india but the server is elsewhere. I would not think it was that simple to get past the restrictions.

The method that tends to work when vpn is being blocked is to build your own. So one common one is people used a home vpn connection to get access. People that "work from home" and really wanted to live elsewhere would rig a vpn on their home router so it appears they were in their house. If you have a friend in another city something like this would work. Obviously anything illegal would be a risk for the person whose connection you were using. The other way although somewhat costly is to find a hosting company in a large city where you want your to have data come from. You would get small virtual server and load linux and it and run it as a vpn router. Many services like google or amamzon and many other very large providers offer virtual machine. They are mostly used say for web servers but you can use them as vpn node since you can make the vpn traffic appear as web traffic. It would be almost impossible to block these BUT because of the new laws in india the government would still know it was you that purchased that server and be able to track all the data going to and from it. It just depends if you care that the government is tracking.

There used to be good lists of vpn services in india but almost everything is now outdated or they are made up of lists of tiny unknown companies.

Reactions: MaddyZ
My knowledge of india vpn is limited it used to be simpler but last summer I saw almost all the major vpn providers remove their servers. They all talk about using virtual vpn servers where they somehow give you a IP in india but the server is elsewhere. I would not think it was that simple to get past the restrictions.

The method that tends to work when vpn is being blocked is to build your own. So one common one is people used a home vpn connection to get access. People that "work from home" and really wanted to live elsewhere would rig a vpn on their home router so it appears they were in their house. If you have a friend in another city something like this would work. Obviously anything illegal would be a risk for the person whose connection you were using. The other way although somewhat costly is to find a hosting company in a large city where you want your to have data come from. You would get small virtual server and load linux and it and run it as a vpn router. Many services like google or amamzon and many other very large providers offer virtual machine. They are mostly used say for web servers but you can use them as vpn node since you can make the vpn traffic appear as web traffic. It would be almost impossible to block these BUT because of the new laws in india the government would still know it was you that purchased that server and be able to track all the data going to and from it. It just depends if you care that the government is tracking.

There used to be good lists of vpn services in india but almost everything is now outdated or they are made up of lists of tiny unknown companies.
This government and its rules are absolutely dumb. Trust me it is pushing back India in time instead of making progress.

Having Virtual Servers is fine. But being virtual there is a possibility of them being random in generating IP port and it can end up somewhere in those above listed States in which case it is will not work. Are there any services which have specified location as such.

Somehow the site is back up using Opera VPN(was down for past two days, never happened before). Hope it stays like that till I return home.

Thank you very much for looking into it.

randyh121

Prominent
Jan 3, 2023
In most cases you get a fixed IP when you rent virtual servers. They are mostly for people that want to run say their own web site or even stuff like their own minecraft server. The IP and server location will not change.
hm that may be what I need. Do you recommend any virtual servers to rent that are good for basic web browsing?