[SOLVED] VPSH Ransomware

ANXsucks

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2016
Is there any working decryptor currently for the VPSH ransomware? I've tried Emsisoft but it says it can't decrypt online ID's.

Solution
Online id means the encrypter was able to connect to its command and control server and got a truly random key. So at this point there isn't anything that can be done.

What you should do at this point is inform your local police and make a report, format the drive and reload windows. Restore files you want from any backups that exist. You should also figure out how the infection happened. (Change passwords, don't go to Xyz website, install script blockers, etc.)

Edit: I'm not familiar with all the different encrypter out there. Many use newer keys that can't be brute forced. Do a search for the one on your system incase it has a flaw that can be exploited. But odds are you need to format.

4745454b

Titan
Online id means the encrypter was able to connect to its command and control server and got a truly random key. So at this point there isn't anything that can be done.

What you should do at this point is inform your local police and make a report, format the drive and reload windows. Restore files you want from any backups that exist. You should also figure out how the infection happened. (Change passwords, don't go to Xyz website, install script blockers, etc.)

Edit: I'm not familiar with all the different encrypter out there. Many use newer keys that can't be brute forced. Do a search for the one on your system incase it has a flaw that can be exploited. But odds are you need to format.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Since this is an online key, you are out of luck with actually decrypting your files.

Full wipe and reinstall, and recover from the backup you made before this happened.