VR Funhouse Puts Nvidia’s Gameworks Technologies To Work In VR

Status
Not open for further replies.

eldragon0

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013

Seriously! I'm all for healthy competition between red and green. But this is basically nvidia saying " how an we make it so the 480 WON'T be enough to run stable games in VR? Oh !! I know, let's add our proprietary code to the games to make the 1060 look beter. "

I just wish it was all open sourced code so everyone could enjoy the same quality of game :(.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
AMD can play that game http://www.thecountrycaller.com/56860-advanced-micro-devices-inc-amd-radeon-gpus-show-significant-gains-in-dooms-vulkan-benchmark/

eldragon0

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013

You are very correct. But certain physics will be running off the gameworks engine/code which when ran on AMD cards severely gimps them. Sure you can disable game-works and it runs fine, but simply because Nvidia paid a company to use gameworks instead of coding the exact same thing into an open standard they are causing amd owners to have a worse experience.

Petar Raickovic

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
@ELDRAGON0 yeah i get it...... I rly love healty competition.. let's say 1060 gtx for the same price like rx 480 and same performance so u can go with 1 or another :)

AndrewJacksonZA

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

And this is why I currently prefer AMD over Nvidia if their cards at a given price point have a roughly comparable level of performance - excluding titles built with GameWorks. Also, have you had a look at GPUOpen yet?

However, I'm not so much of a fanboy that I'm blind: if Nvidia's cards absolutely *wallop* AMD's cards at a given price point, those are the cards I'll be considering and recommending to my friends.

jtaclas

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
Is there any chance you might revisit this tech demo with other hardware configurations? I am curious especially when it comes to a dedicated PhysX card, how different cards may perform at the various quality presets, and if their use as a dedicated PhysX processor has a noticeable effect on framerates or other performance measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.