Aug 4, 2020
Hello! I need some help, guys:)))
My config:

Supermicro X11DPH-T
Xeon Gold 6246 х2
Asus Hyper m.2 card V2 VROC Ready
NVMe Samsung PM983 1ТБ х4
Supermicro VROC Key VROCSTANDMOD.

I want to assemble RAID-10 on Asus Hyper m.2 with Intel VROC, but I have a problem - motherboard does not recognize disks correctly.
As a result of the setting, all 4 disks appear on the Asus card, but only one of them gets into VROC, the other 3 disks remain in the BIOS.
Widnows has a similar situation: in Device Manager, disks are recognized differently.
In the "Server Management" utility, when trying to create an array, only one disk out of 4 is recognized.
VMD does not see specific disks, but specific ports on Asus cards. VMD sees port number 4 on PCI Slot 5 and port number 1 on PCI Slot 2.
If i remove disks from these ports, VMD does not see anything.
I tried to find disks in UEFI Shell, got these results:
3 disks are recognized as "Samsung NVM Express Controller and 1 disk "Volume Managment Device (VMD) Controller"
I attach screenshots and hope for help in solving the problem.

Solution
the problem was solved. According to Supermicro technical support, bifurcation for third-party boards is prohibited in their BIOS. They threw me the beta version of the BIOS, it is fixed in it. I post the bios, maybe it will come in handy for someone. Please note that you are acting at your own risk - this is beta and has not been tested by Supermicro! link
Aug 4, 2020
the problem was solved. According to Supermicro technical support, bifurcation for third-party boards is prohibited in their BIOS. They threw me the beta version of the BIOS, it is fixed in it. I post the bios, maybe it will come in handy for someone. Please note that you are acting at your own risk - this is beta and has not been tested by Supermicro! link

Solution

epower53

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020

I have exactly the same issue with my X11DPH-I motherboard. How has the beta BIOS performed since you started using it? I don't want to flash something unstable onto my system...

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020
I have exactly the same issue with my X11DPH-I motherboard. How has the beta BIOS performed since you started using it? I don't want to flash something unstable onto my system...
Hi! Everything is fine, nice and easy.
But you have a different version of the motherboard ...

Last edited:

epower53

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
Hi! Everything is fine, nice and easy.
But you have a different version of the motherboard ...
Only difference is the onboard ethernet support (I have dual GbE, your board has 10GbE). Still, I'm checking with Supermicro support. Unfortunately the support rep assigned to my case is far from helpful...

epower53

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
Took a while fighting with a reluctant Supermicro support rep, but they did eventually send me a modded BIOS. Based on the conversation in my support thread, I double-checked the modded BIOS against the production release using AMIBCP version 5.02, and found that they'd made some errors in the file they provided me (they accidentally turned on hot-plug for slot 5, and didn't properly enable all VMD ports on slot 4). I fixed the errors and flashed--now everything works beautifully!

Too bad Supermicro doesn't make a full-bandwidth quad m.2 carrier (theirs only runs at x8 and uses a PCIe switch). Doesn't seem like they're likely to offer support for other vendors' carrier cards, either. As of right now the only way to use quad m.2 drives on a single x16 slot with VROC is to modify the BIOS and void your warranty.

FYI, RksW, I also took a look at the BIOS you were provided, and I noticed that Supermicro did NOT enable the appropriate settings on slot 4. The file you have will only allow you to use your carrier cards on slots 2 and 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.