Question W10pro - 1904 error - Roxio Easy VHS to DVD Plus

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
Roxio Easy VHS to DVD Plus worked fine after the initial install this morning.... and then i had a "kernel system check failure" bsod approximately 4 hours after installing and trying out the program (to try and make a Christmas gift for some family members).

ive never had a bsod on this system (since i custom built it 6 years ago), so this has been slightly aggravating.

logs show that it was caused from a windows update, not the program or hardware. i have attempted recovery, restore, and updating again.

I am a certified A+, N+, MS, NISS, etc. tech, and this has me stumped.

• I have completely purged and cleaned the registry of all traces of the program.
  • I have uninstalled, rebooted, and i have tried re-installing this a few times now. Each time upon reboot, the program is as though it was never installed. however traces are left in registry and a few straggler files leftover.

I need this program to work, i have more than 200 hours of family videos (some with family members that have passed) i need to digitize.

my system specs as follows:

-Asus M5A99fx pro r2
-Amd fx 8320 (overclocked to 4ghz)
-Wraith cooler from a ryzen 7-1800x
-16gb ddr3-1600 (4x4gb sticks)
-250gb kingston uv500 ssd primary, 4tb and 1tb secondary drives
-amd radeon r7-290
-lg blue ray burner - wh14ns40
-Ultra x3 - 1000w psu ; ult-he 1000x

any ideas? anyone?

also cross posted on Microsoft forum..

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
why update again if that cause the bsod?
after roll back attempt with recovery/restore and continuous fails on the application, i took a shot in the dark and tried the update again. i haven't had a bsod again since the one earlier today.

i also just attempted to install and run with my AV/malware and firewall protection turned off.. no luck.

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
follow this to too?

yes, i just tried what was suggested in that thread. did not work. ive even tried moving the dongle from the suggested usb2 to a usb3 port; no luck.. I still get the same 1904 error.

also, i'd lke to mention that again, even after trying the above listed trial, there was minimal traces of the program left on my system. it is almost as if im missing something in windows security to disable/allow the program. i cannot for the life of me understand why the computer keeps deleting the program. there is nothing malicious or even after scanning the disk, any virus incorporated with it.

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
nothing on the event viewer?

just found that i missed a few events and it did in fact have an application error. but it still doesnt explain why it hasnt repeated.

error; Application error, event id:1000, task (100)

Faulting application name: EasyVHS2DVD.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d8baa28
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0xe6477cce
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0012a892
Faulting process ID: 0x267c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6c81a2fa9ee19
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio Easy VHS to DVD\VHS to DVD Plus\EasyVHS2DVD.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 315cdfeb-ab25-4d83-a62f-0aa993a9f22c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

error; .net runtime, event id; 1026, task category; none

Application: EasyVHS2DVD.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.String, System.String[])
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Skip()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(System.String, System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(System.String)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(System.String)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
at Roxio.VHS2DVD.Properties.Settings.get_Check3DDisplay()
at Roxio.VHS2DVD.MainApp.GetSetting(System.String)
at Roxio.VHS2DVD.MainApp..ctor()
at Roxio.VHS2DVD.MainApp.Main()