W2K FREEZES

AlexiD12

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2002
This has been happening since I reformatted my Ahtlon 1.1, 30GB HD, 512 SDRAM, GEF2 GTS.

Every once in a while the mouse will just freeze. CTL-Alt-Del wont work, mouse pointer wont move, nothing! The only way to get out of it is to press the RESET button.

I installed all the VIA 4in1's along with SP2 again recently and I thought it had stopped. But its back again, to much less frequency.

Anyone else have this problem? Really odd.

G

The best thing i can say about that is make sure nothing is overheating..that is not likely the problem but check anyways. Also go in to your bois settings and set your ram down a lower speed sometimes if you have it over clocked it will cause system hang ups. Random reboots and other. Just a gew helpful ideas. I did notice while i was playing eq that it locked completely needing a restart in win2000 and i had 98 and never had any locks up only when i went to win2k. But 2k runs 3d games alot better. But on a synthetic test it scorse lower. Oh well driver issues i guess.

AlexiD12

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2002
Its weird alright. Nothing is overclocked at this point, and it almost never does it when I'm playing a game. Usually when the computer is idle. Who knows....

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Might try updated mouse driver from Microsoft and see
if that fixes the freezes.

<font color=red>Remember...</font color=red><font color=blue>You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink: