Build Advice wait or upgrad now

fishburger

Reputable
Feb 11, 2017
ugrade or build amd pc now or wait,I am new to amd as I have been on intel the last 25 years,if I go with amd what do I get? will build from 0 so need mb,cpu,and gpu,and ram ,I have a corsair 1000d case that I will use.I tend to go with eatx mb and will probably go with that solution in the amd build.I have been an asus /nvidia (rog) fan as this have never given me any problems so far.but team red have som good cards on hand and more coming so what to choose?budget 4-5000 us$

What is the current system? Prices for gpus are a bit up right now, but also probably next year there should be new cpus, boards and ddr5 ram coming out. So depending what your setup is now you may consider waiting unless you don’t have a very good system or just are itching for upgrading.

alexbirdie

Respectable
What's your current system? What is you major usage?

Office, gaming ( if yes, which resolution), heavy working with video- and/or audio-files, 3d-rendering, ........

Is there anything too slow for you?

What do you expect from new system?

ugrade or build amd pc now or wait,I am new to amd as I have been on intel the last 25 years,if I go with amd what do I get?
You see, above question without any informations is pointless.

It's like asking "I have a car. Should I tune it or should I buy a new one?" without any additional infos.

Reactions: logainofhades

fishburger

Reputable
Feb 11, 2017
What is the current system? Prices for gpus are a bit up right now, but also probably next year there should be new cpus, boards and ddr5 ram coming out. So depending what your setup is now you may consider waiting unless you don’t have a very good system or just are itching for upgrading.
intel 9900k 32gig 3200 corsair ram, 2080 rog strix all watercooled cpu 460mm with push/pull running steady at 5 ghz at 55c when gaming gpu 2 480mm with 4 fans each(plan was to get a second card and run them in nvlink) have the link and a new waterblock, the set up is2.5 years

fishburger

Reputable
Feb 11, 2017
hello,thats correct ,what I want from a computer is one that I can play any game coming out the next 2-3 years at minimum 100fps all setting to ultra without any cooling problems the one i build in 2018 is 9900k,32gig 3200 from corsair,rog strix gpu 2080 running on a playing bf 4 at 55c and 5ghz and gpu 2/480 rad 4 fans each.Ihave a 34 inch asus monitor 1440 will upgrade to 4k monitor

Reactions: Why_Me