Question Wallmount for Curved Ultrawide Monitor

Cybrex

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I currently own a Acer 38" curved ultrawide monitor and have decided I want to move it off my desk and mount it to the wall (so its not so close and gives me more space on my desk since I've also got a large desktop tablet). I've been trying to find a wallmount that would work for this monitor but everything I keep finding are arm monitor mounts that attach to the desk. Unfortuantely I don't know if those would work given that my desk is tempered glass so I'm not willing to risk it breaking under the weight being put into one area on my desk.

Could anyone recommand a wallmount that isn't an arm that you just attach like you would a large tv that would work for this monitor? Obviously need to be certain its not going to rip out from the wall from the weight of it.

Thanks!!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
To get wall/stand mounting, it's good to look if monitor has VESA mount, since VESA mount is universal mount used by almost all monitors/TVs. Though, some cheaper monitors/TVs may not support VESA mount, meaning that you're stuck using the stand they come with.

Like it was established, your monitor has VESA 100x100mm mount and the wall mount you bought, should be fine.

Though, official specs doesn't say how much the monitor weighs, but i believe it to be less than the 77 LBS rating of your wall mount. Looked around a bit and Newegg says monitor weight to be 17.2 LBS.