Want to buy UPS for my PC

FreelancerGamer

Honorable
Jan 24, 2015
I Want to buy a UPS for my PC that will turn off the PC automatically in case of power down.
My setup:
Intel® Core™ i7-5960X Processor Extreme Edition (20M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz)
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming Graphics Card
Power supply SeaSonic 860W Platinum-Series Active PFC 12cm Fan
Samsung 28" UHD 4K Monitor UD590

What i need to look for?
What i need to check before i buy?
Can i connect more then one PC to one UPS?

Any help will be appreciated.

Solution
I would look at APC's line of UPS's. I run a 1500VA 865W unit for my computer, has a EVGA 1600w G2 PSU and runs a OC 980x and 4 GTX 670's. During idle it takes about half the UPS and while heavy loads boarders on 3-4 on the graph.

For just a single computer you could go with 1000VA unit but would go bigger if your trying to run 2 computers off one UPS.

APC gives you their PowerChute software with each UPS, it will allow you inside the software to give your computer a shutdown command incase of a power failure. I don't think it will do multiple computers.

Stumpy122

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

I'm not an expert on UPS's, but I do know that you will need a UPS at least equal wattage to your power supply, so in this case 860w (or preferably more). Maybe this will help:

http://www.pcgamer.com/best-uninterruptible-power-supply-ups/

I have used APC for my UPS for a very long time.
They have an app called "powerchute" that will monitor everything.
You can set it to gracefully shut down your pc in the event of a power failure.
The APC web site will have apps to figure how much you need depending on what you protect and what run time you need.
I figure 5 minutes is sufficient to close down if needed.
I use a back UPS PRO 1500
See my sig for what it protects.

I would look at APC's line of UPS's. I run a 1500VA 865W unit for my computer, has a EVGA 1600w G2 PSU and runs a OC 980x and 4 GTX 670's. During idle it takes about half the UPS and while heavy loads boarders on 3-4 on the graph.

For just a single computer you could go with 1000VA unit but would go bigger if your trying to run 2 computers off one UPS.

APC gives you their PowerChute software with each UPS, it will allow you inside the software to give your computer a shutdown command incase of a power failure. I don't think it will do multiple computers.

Solution