Question Want to get black bars for a custom resolution (853x480)

paulbegiristain99

Prominent
Jun 28, 2018
Hi everyone, I have recently created a custom resolution (853x480) and I tried to get black bars with that option of Nvidia Control Panel's tab called adjust desktop size and position. The problem is that when I try to change the size of the desktop to get those black bars by stretching the resolution, it says that that option is not available for custom resolutions. I have done it a lot of times with default ones (1920x1080, 1280x720, 1024x768...) but now that I want to get those black bars with a custom resolution it doesn't let me- Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
Option is not supported for custom resolutions.

Try contacting Nvidia. They may have some "test"/Beta software that might meet your requirements.

Likely in the category of "use at your own risk...."

And, out of curiousity, why create a custom resolution to begin with?

I understand the need to experiment and explore but without standards there would be chaos.....

paulbegiristain99

Prominent
Jun 28, 2018
Option is not supported for custom resolutions.

Try contacting Nvidia. They may have some "test"/Beta software that might meet your requirements.

Likely in the category of "use at your own risk...."

And, out of curiousity, why create a custom resolution to begin with?

I understand the need to experiment and explore but without standards there would be chaos.....

Thanks for the reply, I wanted a custom resolution to play a game, as 720 is so much quality for my pc