Question Want to update drivers, but get a black screen when my gpu is plugged in

Jul 11, 2022
When i remove my GPU, and just plug my hdmi cable into the motherboard, my pc works fine, however, as soon as the gpu is plugged in, even without plugging any cables into the back of it, the VGA light on my motherboard turns on and I get no signal to my monitor. I think its an issue with drivers, however i cannot update them without having the gpu installed as amd auto-detects drivers, and without the GPU installed i cant get the right drivers

Reactions: YVS123

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
You need the power cables plugged into the GPU, that can be a cause for failure.
There are no drivers in BIOS. If you cannot post with that GPU it is either defective or you don't give it enough detection time.
I would also disable the integrated GPU for the post test (or forever, less CPU overworking).

Jul 15, 2022
When i remove my GPU, and just plug my hdmi cable into the motherboard, my pc works fine, however, as soon as the gpu is plugged in, even without plugging any cables into the back of it, the VGA light on my motherboard turns on and I get no signal to my monitor. I think its an issue with drivers, however i cannot update them without having the gpu installed as amd auto-detects drivers, and without the GPU installed i cant get the right drivers

have the EXACT same problem with you. I have bought a new motherboard and CPU and it's on the way now. I will update you if my GPU is working with a new motherboard because I think that the motherboard is the culprit to this issue because that's what other people who had the same issue said when I researched it