Build Advice Wanting to Step up from Midrange. In uncharted waters. Please advise

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Hello!
When someone can make the time, i'd love some input on a new build. It will have to be built by 'someone' else as i am unable and unwilling to learn how to do it myself.

What I use my Desktop PC for - gaming, surfing and watching streaming video.
I'll want to play my old game rotation in ultra settings for a change and have better FPS. Games like fallout 4, Borderlands 1&2, Witcher 3, Skyrim and Halo MCC. i will be getting Starfield and Alan Wake 2 and who knows what newer games i may want in the future.

I do not overclock. I have a $3000 budget and tired of 'mid-range'. I'd love to build around the Ryzen 7 7800x3d CPU, paired with at least an RTX 4070 ti super. I want to step up to 1440p and have at least a 27" monitor for a change. (not the wide short ones but a big rectangle shape)
My biggest worry, in that regard, is that i'll still need to watch 720p movies and i need the text on webpages to be as clear as it is now on my 1080p 24" monitor. I sit about six feet from the screen in a small room, with no desire to sit any closer.
I'll add more once i land on a motherboard, psu and memory and such. For now, would you all advise and give me things to consider and maybe recommend a 1440p monitor and say something about my needing more screen real estate and watching 720p or lower video and having text on webpage be clear - basically what i can expect from going up to 1440p? I know the gaming will blow my mind but i don't want to compromise on the other.

Final note. If my tried and true friend can't build it for me, rather than rolling the dice on a SI or buying a prebuilt, I thought i may roll the dice on a local PC repair store to build it. I found one man that I also do not know - who says he would build it. My thinking is that he could keep it on the bench for a while to monitor and tweak the config and also, should something go wrong, at least i'll know where he lives!

Thank you all very much