Warcraft 3 Trash Talk Leads to Broken Fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
No arrests? WTF?! What do their police do? They already know someone got felony status assaulted ...they know the people, but they don't go get them?

Wow, Canada really are full of French.

[citation][nom]zulfadhli[/nom]i sometimes wonder what police do..because sometimes i have lost hope in law enforcement..my bad experience i guess..[/citation]

WTF does this have to do with this article exactly?

[citation][nom]WhySoBluePandaBear[/nom]No arrests? WTF?! What do their police do? They already know someone got felony status assaulted ...they know the people, but they don't go get them? Wow, Canada really are full of French.[/citation]

They said in the article the victim basically said it was a group of teens. How can the cops arrest someone if nobody can tell them who it was?

And don't spout off about getting IP addresses. Police need a warranty first, and then have to fight Blizzard's red tape to get IP addressses from Battle.net records. This all takes time.

I think the cop who made the statement was referring to Warcraft III as being online fiction. Not the trash talking part. I think the point was, "It's just a game. In real life, it doesn't really matter who is better at it."

ColMirage

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
[citation][nom]WhySoBluePandaBear[/nom]Wow, Canada really are full of French.[/citation]

Herp Derp Stereotypes.
Vancouver is nowhere even close to Quebec. And if you associate the French Canadian population as being of the same baggage as the France French I suggest you spend a little more time learning about us. You'll see that despite the language we both speak we are very different.

In before massive downvotes.

G

teenagers nowadays don't understand reality from fiction anymore. It's all with the rise of the Teletubbies!
It's their fault I tell ya!

BoxBabaX

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
DOTA strikes again. DOTA and HoN probably have some of the worst communities out there, people hate on those games quite a bit.

DOTA = defense of the ancients
HoN = Heroes of Newerth (standalone dota clone)

beans4you

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
sounds like the asian mafia lol. BC = lots of asians and pot heads no offence, just clearing up stereotypes from a ontarians perspective.

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Nice !!! you talk crap because you feel safe behind the internet this is what happens 2 you . DONT TALK CRAP ON PPL UNLESS YOU WOULD OTHERWISE DO IT IN PERSON .

G

As far as I can see, this is a case of someone that hides behind their online persona and trash talks when they win, why can't people win with grace?
That is why I support real names being used online, if you have the guts to trash talk me then you should have the guts to say it to my face. I am sick of wussy little pips having power trips just because they are better at a game, but couldn't beat up a fly in real life.

Benihana

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
And Blizzard wanted to force RealID on everybody why?
"If there was RealID, he wouldn't have trash talked."
"Because of RealID, he got tracked and beat."

Now there's a circular argument that would ensue...

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
First of all, good for the police chief to finally not place the blame on games. Maybe he's a gamer himself . . .

Secondly, these kids beat him with batons? Batons? Sounds like they deserved to be made fun of.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
I have found the DOTA crowd to be rather aggressive. More so in fact than those who play WC3 TFT. I gave up trying to learn it due to the constant trash talking to be honest. Seeing as the people in question appear to come from the same school I would imagine that there is more to it than simply a game of DOTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.