[SOLVED] Warzone 0% GPU Usage ?

fiirz

Reputable
Aug 20, 2016
Hi there. I have had this problem longer than I thought I guess. Recently upgraded graphics cards because of bad fps in Warzone.
I opened control panel and saw that my GPU was at 0-4% usage. Backed that up with the NZXT Kraken display on my pump showing the same exact numbers. When I open rust or counterstrike the gpu goes to its normal 50-60 precent usage and runs great.
Warzone looked like complete trash before I upgraded and looks exactly the same now.
As we speak I am currently re installing my Battle net and Warzone as a clean install. To see if this fixes anything.
Do any of you have any ideas on why this is happening with only warzone?

Specs:
I9 9900K
3080 TI
32 Gigs Ram
2x 2T m.2
plenty of fans and cooling.

Solution
  1. I have a 1200 Watt EVGA G2
  2. my resolution settings are 1080p and everything minimal
  3. I used MSI afterburner and cpu was at 60% GPU at 0%
I re installed the game and for some reason it changed my render resolution up 175% and now the gpu is acting normal and the game looks fine again. not sure I am guessing it is the coding in this horrible game lol. thank you

Ive seen lots of post of players complaining about warzone performance. I guess the game is not well optimized. Other than driver, and game visual/graphic settings theres not much I can think about it.

Do you have any single player AAA title to test?, If you do see how the GPU work with it. Even old ones like Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Batlefield V are...
Hi there. I have had this problem longer than I thought I guess. Recently upgraded graphics cards because of bad fps in Warzone.
I opened control panel and saw that my GPU was at 0-4% usage. Backed that up with the NZXT Kraken display on my pump showing the same exact numbers. When I open rust or counterstrike the gpu goes to its normal 50-60 precent usage and runs great.
Warzone looked like complete trash before I upgraded and looks exactly the same now.
As we speak I am currently re installing my Battle net and Warzone as a clean install. To see if this fixes anything.
Do any of you have any ideas on why this is happening with only warzone?

Specs:
I9 9900K
3080 TI
32 Gigs Ram
2x 2T m.2
plenty of fans and cooling.

1. Whats you brand and model of PSU?
  2. What resolution and detail settings are you using for Warzone?
  3. Why not use MSI afterburner OSD to check GPU and CPU utilization without using the system panel? (https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/download-msi-afterburner-4-6-3-final-stable-release.html)

fiirz

Reputable
Aug 20, 2016
  1. Whats you brand and model of PSU?
  2. What resolution and detail settings are you using for Warzone?
  3. Why not use MSI afterburner OSD to check GPU and CPU utilization without using the system panel? (https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/download-msi-afterburner-4-6-3-final-stable-release.html)

I re installed the game and for some reason it changed my render resolution up 175% and now the gpu is acting normal and the game looks fine again. not sure I am guessing it is the coding in this horrible game lol. thank you

Ive seen lots of post of players complaining about warzone performance. I guess the game is not well optimized. Other than driver, and game visual/graphic settings theres not much I can think about it.

Do you have any single player AAA title to test?, If you do see how the GPU work with it. Even old ones like Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Batlefield V are good games that scale pretty well with different hardware.

Last edited:
Solution