Watch the Next-Generation Unreal Graphics NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

illuminatuz

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
man!! before you make any more of such engines that can make a new PC go down the lane by 10 years, mention the minimum/recommended PC requirements to play it!! Its a pain in the ass to keep upgrading the PC every now and then!! leave PS and XBOX alone!!! FFS don't get so n00b!!! There are people who want to play!! not just watch!! use this technology in making MOVIES!!! or atleast use simpler algorithms so that our graphics cards can ease out a little instead of so much complex ones that throws our brand new pc look like an old 1900's scrap!!!! please for god's sake!!!

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]illuminatuz[/nom]man!! before you make any more of such engines that can make a new PC go down the lane by 10 years, mention the minimum/recommended PC requirements to play it!! Its a pain in the ass to keep upgrading the PC every now and then!! leave PS and XBOX alone!!! FFS don't get so n00b!!! There are people who want to play!! not just watch!! use this technology in making MOVIES!!! or atleast use simpler algorithms so that our graphics cards can ease out a little instead of so much complex ones that throws our brand new pc look like an old 1900's scrap!!!! please for god's sake!!![/citation]
You! You're the type of person that's the reason that this is not standard yet on PC's.

+ this is only development, it's not like anyone is insane enough to release games that actually need this at this stage. Perhaps in 2-3 years time, and then we will still have settings for LOWERED QUALITY.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Some things looked great, whilst others not so much. Also one thing I dislike about the Unreal engines is that their environments are very static so all games are arcade-like. It's much more fun when you can destroy everything like in the Frostbite engine.

TH: have you still not fixed the logins on posting? Lets say I write a post, click submit and then TH says I'm not logged. So I login on that popup and then the page is refreshed and the post is completely gone!

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]illuminatuz[/nom]man!! before you make any more of such engines that can make a new PC go down the lane by 10 years, mention the minimum/recommended PC requirements to play it!! Its a pain in the ass to keep upgrading the PC every now and then!! leave PS and XBOX alone!!! FFS don't get so n00b!!! There are people who want to play!! not just watch!! use this technology in making MOVIES!!! or atleast use simpler algorithms so that our graphics cards can ease out a little instead of so much complex ones that throws our brand new pc look like an old 1900's scrap!!!! please for god's sake!!![/citation]

Yes, Epic, please stop your technological progression so that this guy doesn't have to buy a new computer part.

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
I am sure my 260GTX on a Phenom965 will run it... Obviously on lowered detail.

Those who whine about .... Oww noes... must upgrade.... GET A PS3 !!!

f-14

Distinguished
isn't this a repeat news article?
cripes the 8.9 japan quake is more news then this will be as it's going to affect parts manufacturing and supply for the next year atleast!
why is Tom's repeating old news?

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008

thats not the engines fault its the dev's unreal actually comes with destroyable meshes (well theres a new feature that allows you to detroy meshes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0choe-RqxQY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anoH3JQJGlA&feature=feedrec_grec_index

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
hey illuminbutznutz..., get a clue will you. Stick with your tired console and don't upgrade your ancient 486 but don't expect the rest of us to wait around...

illuminatuz

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
dude.. c'mon im not being retarded.. i mean not everyone is rich like you guys.. think of those who cant afford and all.. if there is pirated releases for ps and xbox.. even ill buy 'em!! but thats not the thing.. hardware must give a good upgrade over a period of time a major update would do rather doing small updates over a period of time continuously..

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Who cares? This isn't actual gameplay, so I really don't see the need to get excited about it. I get so sick of these CGI trailers in gaming. People always scream "OMG GRAPHIX R AWSUM", but the actual in game look is always much much worse.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Developers need to keep pushing the limits, So what if someone without a job/income cannot play the game. it keeps Hardware manufacturers tweaking existing hardware while investing in research and inventing the latest and greatest which means that hardware capable of playing this game will eventually come down in price where the rest of the world can afford to upgrade. You may have to wait a few months or quarters but thats how its always been

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I'm a little confused. Is this real time rendering? Or, is it a CGI trailer that took hours to render. If it is real time, then I am impressed and can't wait to play a game that has these kinds of graphics. If it is not then this is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.