icemaker15

Reputable
Jan 15, 2019
Hi i recently started getting deadlocks that only happen when im gaming. When im browsing google or even stress testing my components it doesnt freeze. My keyboard and mouse stop working even LEDs on them and i have to restart holding the power button.

I search for this on the internet but i found its a BSOD error but im not getting BSOD just deadlock and i have to restart the pc.
I can also see nvlddmkm event id 0 error in event viewer

Ive tried reinstalling windows and also upgrading to windows 11 but that didnt help, i didnt do any overclocking and tried debug mode, temps are ok, reinstalled drivers ussing DDU, tried different PSU and RAM , updated BIOS, checked for disk errors, ran memtest86 with 0 errors, stress tested CPU and GPU (didnt freeze even after 5 hours of testing, furmark,occt,...).

Im also providing speccy link: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/E7OdH7nsZ8ghfatYpufYaUM
(i know that it shows that my 1080ti has only 3GB but its only a speccy bug)
Mini dump screenshot: View: https://imgur.com/a/HXHpu1d

Colif

Win 11 Master
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

have you tried different Nvidia drivers?
run DDU in safe mode, uninstall Nvidia drivers, boot back into normal mode and either:
1. get new drivers from Nvidia, or
2. Run windows update and let it find card and install older Nvidia drivers that MIcrosoft have.

If you tried a few OS, have you tried GPU in another PC? See if it has same problems

What Power Supply do you have? How old is it?

icemaker15

Reputable
Jan 15, 2019
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

have you tried different Nvidia drivers?
run DDU in safe mode, uninstall Nvidia drivers, boot back into normal mode and either:
1. get new drivers from Nvidia, or
2. Run windows update and let it find card and install older Nvidia drivers that MIcrosoft have.

If you tried a few OS, have you tried GPU in another PC? See if it has same problems

What Power Supply do you have? How old is it?

Ive tried even a year old nvidia drivers but the deadlocks didnt go away.
Ive tried the gpu in my friends pc and it worked as it should.
I have corsair RM850e for a few years and never had problem with it
Today ive downloaded rainbow six siege and doom eternal to test if they will also freeze. Doom eternal working perfectly and siege is freezing.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Specs
Rog strix B550-A Gaming
R6 3500x
16gb ram
GTX 1080TI
1tb Seagate hdd
256gb Transcend nvme
RM850e - it should be okay

Have you clean installed win 11? It might fix, since upgrades often take problems along for the ride.

Are games on hdd? have you tested it using Seatools? https://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/seatools/

takes longer than needs to to run reports as every time I open the VM I convert them in, windows update runs... an hour to update windows, 10 minutes to convert the dumps. Can;t wait till win 10 hits EOL so I will stop getting updates on it.

I will post later once its finished... i been waiting an hour.

icemaker15

Reputable
Jan 15, 2019
Specs
Rog strix B550-A Gaming
R6 3500x
16gb ram
GTX 1080TI
1tb Seagate hdd
256gb Transcend nvme
RM850e - it should be okay

Have you clean installed win 11? It might fix, since upgrades often take problems along for the ride.

Are games on hdd? have you tested it using Seatools? https://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/seatools/

takes longer than needs to to run reports as every time I open the VM I convert them in, windows update runs... an hour to update windows, 10 minutes to convert the dumps. Can;t wait till win 10 hits EOL so I will stop getting updates on it.

I will post later once its finished... i been waiting an hour.
I clean installed both win 10 and 11 but its freezing on both. forza is on the HDD but when i moved it to SSD it still didnt work. Seatool says that the HDD is in good condition

icemaker15

Reputable
Jan 15, 2019
Description: I've been encountering frequent freezes on my PC while playing certain games, such as Rainbow Six Siege and Forza Horizon 5(locks up during loading into the game). The freezes result in a complete system lock-up, requiring a manual restart. Here are the details and troubleshooting steps I've taken:

• PC freezes occur only during gaming sessions, not during browsing or stress testing.
• Keyboard and mouse stop responding, including the LEDs on them.
• Reinstalled Windows (tried both Windows 10 and Windows 11) without resolving the issue.
• Updated BIOS and drivers (including reinstalling graphics drivers using DDU) to the latest versions.
• Ran stress tests on CPU and GPU (e.g., FurMark, OCCT) for extended periods without encountering any freezes.
• Checked for disk errors and ran Memtest86, both of which returned no errors.
• Tried different PSU and RAM modules without success.
• Monitored temperatures during gameplay, and all components are within normal ranges.
• No overclocking has been done on any components.
• Event Viewer shows "nvlddmkm event ID 0" error related to the NVIDIA display driver.
• Also encountered "livekernelevent" errors (141, 142, 193) related to Windows kernel.

Despite trying various troubleshooting steps, including clean driver installations, adjusting settings, and updating firmware, the freezing issue persists specifically in these games. Other more demanding games like Doom Eternal, Jedi Fallen Order or War Thunder and CSGO run smoothly without any freezing problems on max details. Any help, suggestions, or insights would be greatly appreciated!

speccy link: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/8vTg7tuPGwhZKNXqBDnlGnb

ubuysa

Distinguished
This is a graphics problem - either the driver or the graphics card. You can tell this from the bugcheck code of the dump you uploaded...
Code:
VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (119)
The video scheduler has detected that fatal violation has occurred. This resulted
in a condition that video scheduler can no longer progress. Any other values after
parameter 1 must be individually examined according to the subtype.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000002, The driver failed upon the submission of a command.
Arg2: ffffffffc000000d
Arg3: ffffac0e7ee53920
Arg4: ffff9581ff77d080
Notice that argument 1 has the value 0x2, this indicates that a driver command failed. This could mean a buggy driver or a fault in the graphics card.

The stack trace confirms that a graphics operation was in progress at the time of the bug check, both the Windows DirectX driver dxgmms2.sys, and the Nvidia graphics driver nvlddmkm.sys are on the call stack. The version of nvlddmkm.sys that you have seems current...
Code:
0: kd> lmDvmnvlddmkm
Browse full module list
start             end                 module name
fffff807`a0810000 fffff807`a40a8000   nvlddmkm T (no symbols)           
    Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
    Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
    Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
    Browse all global symbols  functions  data
    Timestamp:        Tue Apr 25 21:16:05 2023 (644818E5)
    CheckSum:         037998A4
    ImageSize:        03898000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Information from resource tables:

I would suggest that you download and run Furmark, this will stress test your graphics card and driver. It's worth trying the two driver versions immediately prior to the latest version, use DDU to remove the existing driver before installing the next one.

TRENDING THREADS