Water Cooling Help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hawkspur

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Well I just got all my stuff ordered. Petras ran out of the Fuzion so I had to go through about 10 different websites to find it in stock.

Once I get all of the components by the end of the week I'll be sure to post some pics and benchmarks for the people who helped me out :)

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
If you are going to use the Fuzion on a quad processor make sure that you get the nozzle kit to maximize the waterblocks potential for that particular type of proc.

hawkspur

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Hey everyone, I have all the stuff in and managed to get the CPU/NB loop up and running but I ran out of tubing. So until Monday I wont be done!

After everything is finalized, pics and temps and such will be posted.

hawkspur

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Pics were promised and so they will be delivered. It took longer than expected, but I'm more or less at where I want to be. Temps are only about 3c above ambient at idle and about 10 at load. Good stuff.

photord5.jpg

photo2ot0.jpg

photo3uy8.jpg

photo4rm5.jpg

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Have you considered using Coolsleeves in your loop? As tubing gets heated, it gets more flexible and in areas like between your NB waterblock and the CPU waterblock it could kink up if the bend is tight enough. Also, the tubing leading from the reservoir to the pump could flatten out. Coolsleeves would help guard against all that by helping the tubing maintain its wall integrity.