Water Cooling system

salvipol

Prominent
Feb 27, 2018
Hello as the title says i have on a EYE the EK a240g Kit and want to buy it to upgrade my PC but its "Aluminium" and i am thinking if its the right way to make Watercooling for PC with that Kit because its only like $250/243-Euro for a CPU and GPU kit with pump Fittings and Pump/Tank... it is very simple i know straight fittings etc no matter for that setup i was thinking about the way system its going guys and i need help with !

most of the Water cooled systems are going in the way of
from the reservoir to the CPU from a CPU to a GPU straight away and because of that heat from CPU water its not cooled for the GPU its straight from a CPU ... i gues it will get close Temp to CPU than ....

and i was thinking to buy another Single aluminium Radiator on Ebay buy 2 fittings form EK and make the way like this the water goes from a reservoir to Radiator and to CPU right and "most setups straight to GPU " and changing the way to from a reservoir to CPU and from CPU to the single Radiator and Thank to GPU back to the reservoir and over again ...

and my question is if it will Cool enough the Water to go to The GPU if someone is getting what i mean my English is really bad im sorry :(

Solution
as Insomniac Jack pointed out, there is no practical difference with different component order. The only recommended thing is that res -> pump, but even that is not must as the res is optional and its main function is to help with filling and bleeding the loop.

There is nothing wrong with using all aluminium loop. like it will perform couple of degrees worse than copper loop, but you save about 150$
The only downside is that the choice of aluminium parts is very limited. for example if you want to use hard tubes, there are no aluminium fittings, there are no sensors (temp, flow) etc.
Also, the pump included in the kit is kinda weak for 2 blocks and 2 rads. like it will work, but not at optimal temps.

Another thing to consider is the...

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016
If I correctly understand your question than it doesn't matter that the CPU is in line with the GPU in the water cooling system. Your temps may vary 1 or 2 degrees but other than that you don't need another rad between the CPU and GPU unless you need more cooling capacity. Although depending on what your system has in it a second rad may help to lower the overall temps and will help if you've overclocked the CPU and GPU. Just remember if you buy the Aluminum kit make sure you only buy Aluminum parts to go in your loop.

as Insomniac Jack pointed out, there is no practical difference with different component order. The only recommended thing is that res -> pump, but even that is not must as the res is optional and its main function is to help with filling and bleeding the loop.

There is nothing wrong with using all aluminium loop. like it will perform couple of degrees worse than copper loop, but you save about 150$
The only downside is that the choice of aluminium parts is very limited. for example if you want to use hard tubes, there are no aluminium fittings, there are no sensors (temp, flow) etc.
Also, the pump included in the kit is kinda weak for 2 blocks and 2 rads. like it will work, but not at optimal temps.

Another thing to consider is the combined heat output for the CPU and GPU (sum the TDP). that can give you an estimation of how much radiator surface you need to cool your components. if you want your system both cool and quiet, 2x240 rads with good fans would be the solution for something like i7 + GTX 1070 - 1080ti.

Solution

salvipol

Prominent
Feb 27, 2018
Okay now it makes sense not much difference in temps between the Aluminium set A240G to copper set i guess aluminium will reach like Insomniac Jack said 1/2 *C more than a copper not much actually still better then original Cooling :D

So i can upgrade to a240g because its cheap and will make my PC go better then original i7-7700k cooling fan same as in a GPU GPU is pianful it reaches up to 80 *C while playing PUBG :(

So as i was lookin at the A240G set i can still upgrade the Tank tube and in a future i could upgrade to a different pump but then i need to get the Concentrate to not to be worry about the corosion mixin the aloy with copper am i correct with this ?

So as i was lookin at the kit
https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

I was thinkin about gettin a tank for it straight away like this one it says that it fits to the set pump
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-res-x3-tube-250-204mm

and the coolant for it which is this one
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cryofuel-blood-red-premix-900-ml

will that work to upgrade a bit of the A240G setup ? i know its hard to find fittings later on if i want to get more radiators in case or something like that forget about the fact that its hard to find more aluminium fittings etc for now just the quick setup

the difference is few time more than 1/2C, but it is way better than original cooling.

Before you rush into buying, few points:
1. the reservoir size is almost pure cosmetics. very little function
2. when changing pump, don't worry about corrosion. most of the pumps have stainless steel inside which does not create dramatic corrosion effect with both copper and aluminium.
3. Red coolants are a bit tricky. they require frequent change otherwise they break down and the gunk will block the microfins in CPU and GPU blocks seriously degrading performance. And it's kinda pain to take the loop apart and clean this s*t out.
4. you have additional radiator/fans/fittings kits of different sizes from EK. considering they come with fittings and decent fans, they are good value for the money.

What GPU and case do you have ?

salvipol

Prominent
Feb 27, 2018
GPU is Gtx 1080 from MSI and cpu i have is a i7-7700k case what its in is a corsair graphite 780T full tower lots of space i guess for the custom loop so what would you suggest for me can i still buy that tank (tube) for the pump from the A240g kit and change it for nicer look ?

and if the red coolant is that tricky didnt know about that what would you prefer to get for cooling and to make it color red some sort of paint for water that wont affect the system or something like that?

salvipol

Prominent
Feb 27, 2018
Well i saw that expansion pack already and i will get it some day but the budget what i have its only like 280 maximum for now and it wont change for a longer time... :( on the start i can still use the double fan radiator which is coming with the Pack and some day change it to the triple fan radiator i guess that woudnt be a problem :) but now comes the part of the liquid like you said the red coolant its tricky right and the kit comes with some coolant already its 100ml to mix with 900ml of distilled water something like that emmm how to make it red what sort of water color thing could i use

Have no idea what they include, i prefer to use mayhems dies and concentrates when i do want some color.
most of the time, i use distilled water with couple drops of biocide.
regarding your plan of getting now the kit and expanding it later, with just 240mm rad, your fans will have to spin fast -> noise. otherwise, i think you will be able even to overclock. for gaming, expect the CPU and GPU to be around 50C.

salvipol

Prominent
Feb 27, 2018
emm noise i dont care about the noise because my room got behind the walkin waldrobe room thing .... idk how to explain it and i did run the cables through the wall so all good for the start once i would upgrade my PC with triple fan radiator i would move it into my room and show it up could you send me a link for the mayhems that would work with the aluminium set/.