[SOLVED] Water glitching screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2018
I was in the rain and someone sprayed water on me and my computer. Now a little piece of the screen is all glitched. It makes that part all pixely. I dont want to have to buy a new computer.
Pls, help me!

Solution
Open the laptop up as much as you can and put a fan on it for a week to dry out completely. If you can do so, unplug the battery. Don't try turning it on during that time. You risk further damage.

Hopefully it will work fine afterward. I don't know if you did this already. But you may have irrevocably damaged it when you tried to turn it on after getting wet.

In the future. If a piece of electronics gets wet. Don't try to use it. Immediately power down and remove the battery if possible. Then let it dry in front of a fan for a week. Before you try to turn it on again.

If it is permanently damaged. Try an external monitor before replacing the screen. You have to figure out if it is a GPU problem or screen problem.

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
The screen just got damaged by the water. Try running a blow dryer on that spot for a bit. It absolutely must be set on the cool or low setting though. Do not blast it with super hot air. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to take it to a repair shop to get the screen replaced.

You could try taking it apart and drying off the inside, but you might damage something else if you are not comfortable doing that.

Open the laptop up as much as you can and put a fan on it for a week to dry out completely. If you can do so, unplug the battery. Don't try turning it on during that time. You risk further damage.

Hopefully it will work fine afterward. I don't know if you did this already. But you may have irrevocably damaged it when you tried to turn it on after getting wet.

In the future. If a piece of electronics gets wet. Don't try to use it. Immediately power down and remove the battery if possible. Then let it dry in front of a fan for a week. Before you try to turn it on again.

If it is permanently damaged. Try an external monitor before replacing the screen. You have to figure out if it is a GPU problem or screen problem.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.