Watercooling a NZXT Switch 810

ddbtkd456

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
So this is one of my setups for my water-cooling I want to do (maybe either white or purple depending).

FanLayout.jpg

So that's the stock fan setup I chose for this case.

WatercoolingSetup.jpg

So I color coated everything (except mine will be a black Switch).

The Red Ones are Exhaust:
140 mm - Rear with a fan pushing air out.
360 mm - Along the top of the case, with Fans pushing hot out.

The Orange ones are Components:

VGA (Graphics Card)
CPU
RAM

The pump & reservoir in a 5.25" bay with front led control.

I was thinking of adding one on the bottom for additional 140 mm as an intake, but it might make it look really messy. Thoughts?

Solution

SU11YBEAR

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Looks sweet, not sure if you are going to have to remove some of your bays for card length so might have to change the front a bit,
I don't know if you will be able to fit a rear rad with fan and top rad with fan and if you do going to be tight trying to plump to the top rad, I did this before this a Mid size case and had to put the 140 rad on the outside of the case, made things messy, but if you are running a 360 you should have enough cooling to keep the GPU and CPU cool (RAM won't add much anyways)
Only things I would suggest are
1) Include a drain point with ball valve if you can, makes maintenance alot easier
2) Maybe a 120/140 on the front or bottom with intake fans if you think you will not have enough cooling and have to remove the bays anyways for the GPU

ddbtkd456

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

I have owned this case before, and the rear fan mount doesn't sit right on the motherboard, its actually out towards the side of the case. It will only have 1 fan, also the Switch 810 has a radiator bay above the actual chassis. For example

top bay support:
nzxt-switch-810-review-005.jpg

How far it drops with push/pull on top
IMG_1516.jpg

And finally

What it looks like with a Back Radiator (mine will be push out only, not pull)

44528-1990.jpg

And how what do you mean by a ball drain point?

SU11YBEAR

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Ok cool, surprised there is that much space available, but you are going to have to route from the front probably if you do have the rear RAD as per picture 3, or at least be prepared to if things are too tight,
If you need to go that route I would go, RES to RAD (TOP) to RAM to CPU to RAD (Back) to GPU to RES

ddbtkd456

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Acutally I was going to RES to RAD (top) to RAD (Rear) (Wont be as tight as the pic 3, I'm only using 1 fan, and I can mount it as a pull instead of a push on the exterior if I have to), VGA, motherboard, CPU, RAM, back to res. I'm going to see if I can find this type of tubing...it'll make things clean and simple.

900x900px-LL-e7520411_IMG_0579.jpeg

SU11YBEAR

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Solution