Watercooling Loop exploded

Ron_97

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Hallo Guys,

I had a watercooling Loop with soft tubing but wanted to change it to rigid tubing. So I did. toben I leak tested for about 20 hours. Yesterday while Gaming my PC just shut down and I Look an my rig and there was a big mess! The tubing went of The fitting directly behind the pump and The pump spilled all The Aurora red Pastel over The place. GPU Mainboard and RAM are all covered with Drops of it. Now I am Pretty much clueless what to do? When I take it apart how do I clean it? On top I am not reale sure if I should stay with watercooling. I got a pretty worthy PC but The components are a bit older (LGA 2011),
I am thinking of taking the RAM PSU and Drives out and build a new Air cooled Rig. Bemause when it Leaks again and I dont see it it could be very expensive to change out The wooden Floor. Got any advice?

Thank you and sorry for The auto correction xP
Greetings
Ron

Solution
All in one liquid coolers ha come long way and percentage of leaks is minuscule. According to tests Cooler Master Nepton 240 and Nepton140XL are one of the best.
Just recently I installed Nepton 140XL on my FX6350 OCed to 5GHz and kept temperature to a bit over 55c which Scythe Mugen3 with 2 fans could not even approach.
I mounted radiator outside of the case so even that very small chance of it leaking and making damage is halved.
All in one liquid coolers ha come long way and percentage of leaks is minuscule. According to tests Cooler Master Nepton 240 and Nepton140XL are one of the best.
Just recently I installed Nepton 140XL on my FX6350 OCed to 5GHz and kept temperature to a bit over 55c which Scythe Mugen3 with 2 fans could not even approach.
I mounted radiator outside of the case so even that very small chance of it leaking and making damage is halved.

Solution

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Please do not buy a closed loop cooler - you're going backwards if you're doing that.

When changing from flexible tubing to rigid tubing, you also have to change fittings. They do not fit the different tubing styles the same. Did you also change these?