Wd blue 1tb hdd does not shown(work)

intex2515

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
I have an wd blue 1tb hdd i buy it recently (8-9months) and my window 10 is installed on it now it does not work pc start and then shows error in "list disk"(diskpart) it shows invalid status of my wd and my all data is stored in it plz help me i try many things but nothing work.

I have an another hdd 500gb but it contains data
So also tell can i create a partition on that 500gb hdd without formated it for install Windows in it.

average joe

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
1) Open a command prompt with elevated privilege and type diskpart.
2) At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number of the missing or offline disk that you want to bring online. Missing disks are numbered M0, M1, M2, and so on, and offline disks are numbered 0, 1, 2, and so on.
3) At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.
4) At the DISKPART prompt, type online.

intex2515

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
I tried it but it shows disk or vol
I tried both but both of them says
"Vertual Disk Service error:"
"This disk is already online."

But it status is still Invalid

I want to inform you that hdd id dynamic and mbr

Plz help

average joe

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
is it somehow spanned with the other drive? it might be that the other has failed and the two are a spanned pair so its having issues loading. otherwise maybe a bios setting got reset to default and its seeing your simple volume incorrectly as dymanic

intex2515

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
Now i install Windows on another hdd (that is Toshiba 500gb) and in windows disk management it shows failed on all volumes and on right click it give me option of reactivate vol. And then do nothing

(I am not able to send pictures on this thread

average joe

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
Try downing activesmart which is free and will read SMART data on the hd. that will tell if the thing is physically good or bad. if its good then it means its just woefully misconfigured right now but your data is fine. if its bad then you should remove its power connector until find some data recovery software because you don't it spinning until you can try to recover the data.

intex2515

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
I do a DLGDIAG with wd software
And it shiws as follows
""Quick test on drive 2 did not complete!
Status code =07(failed read text element), failure
Checkpoint=102(unknown test)
SMART self-test did not complete on drive 2!""

Plz help and tell will my data will be recovered?

average joe

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
sorry, ActiveSmart is a free utility that you can download and it tells you what the S.M.A.R.T. data on the hard drive says about the drives health state. it will tell you if the drive is dead or just misconfigured.
S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology)

average joe

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
it really depends on the state of the drive to be honest. lots of places do that kind of work. I don't think we live in the same country. they run software similar to getbackntfs or recuva but I honestly don't think your dirve is really bad I think its misconfigured but we aren't in a position to help you through this forum.