[SOLVED] WD My Passport Ultra 1 TB

Jun 28, 2020
This drive seems to be functioning (can feel that little vibration), but the contents (including the drive's name) are not visible on several computers. However, when I insert or remove the USB I get the chime like it is being recognized. It's about 6 years old. I feel like if there was a way to force it to be read I could reformat it and try that, or at least retrieve the files? Any ideas on what to do next?

Solution
This drive seems to be functioning (can feel that little vibration), but the contents (including the drive's name) are not visible on several computers. However, when I insert or remove the USB I get the chime like it is being recognized. It's about 6 years old. I feel like if there was a way to force it to be read I could reformat it and try that, or at least retrieve the files? Any ideas on what to do next?
Run Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows on it -- the link should auto-download the zipped latest version.

RealBeast

Titan
Run Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows on it -- the link should auto-download the zipped latest version.

Solution