[SOLVED] WD SN750 1TB with Heatsink size fit???

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

That component is the BIOS chip. The SSD should drop in without touching the BIOS chips pins...but I'd ask you to drop it in and see if it does touch. If it does make contact with the legs/pins on the BIOS chip, use scotch tape on the area where the BIOS chip's legs are making contact with the SSD's underside to isolate the pins from said SSD.

According to your manual, make sure there's no SATA devices connected to SATA port 1.

Lutfij

Titan

That component is the BIOS chip. The SSD should drop in without touching the BIOS chips pins...but I'd ask you to drop it in and see if it does touch. If it does make contact with the legs/pins on the BIOS chip, use scotch tape on the area where the BIOS chip's legs are making contact with the SSD's underside to isolate the pins from said SSD.

According to your manual, make sure there's no SATA devices connected to SATA port 1.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Nvme heatsinks go 'up' not out, very rarely going much beyond the boarders of the drive.

As is, it's a SN750, which is Gen3 so really doesn't require anything much in chipset cooling and won't need a 'clunky' cooler, just the standard cover is plenty.

Jan 1, 2022

Thanks for the quick answer, I will place an order for it as soon as possible, also thanks for the tip on the BIOS chip, I wouldn't know that if not been mentioned.

Jan 1, 2022
Nvme heatsinks go 'up' not out, very rarely going much beyond the boarders of the drive.

As is, it's a SN750, which is Gen3 so really doesn't require anything much in chipset cooling and won't need a 'clunky' cooler, just the standard cover is plenty.
It seems the heatsink added around 1.5 mm so I'm not sure how it will end up but I'll give it a shot.
As for cooling the problem lies in my case, I dont think it has enough cooling and the m.2 slot is right under my GPU so...😅

Jan 1, 2022
I think that rule applies only when the OP installs a SATA M.2 drive... With an NVMe, SATA1 port should be still active.
I took a look at the manual, regular SATA port 1 will be activated after installing NVME M.2, Its is actually set to automatic right now but I'll have to manually disable it to use M.2 express port.