Question Web attack blocked, should I be concerned?

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I got a popup from Norton stating it blocked a web attack and no further actions was needed.

Here is the details of the popup.
(Red dot) High An Intrusion attempt was blocked

IPS Alert Name Web Attack: Fake Browser History Injection
Default Action No Action Required
Action Taken No Action Required
Attacker URL https://solutionsquotes.com/?
f886887fc82a54456bc7669322530bf6

The attack was resulted from C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
The product you're using did the job it's supposed to do. I wouldn't be concerned unless the site you were at when you got the notification is one you typically visit.

-Wolf sends
Happened while logged into my xfinity/comcast email. The same time I got the attack notification, my xfinity email page was replaced with a error massage that the page couldn't be displayed/was missing. This has happened before, I'll be on my email or Xfinity's home page, and out to no where the page goes to the error message that the page can't be displayed/was missing with a notification from Norton that a web attack was blocked. A few times on my laptop(no norton since it's running Linux), my email/Xfinity's webpage redirected to a scam tech support page.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
Happened while logged into my xfinity/comcast email. The same time I got the attack notification, my xfinity email page was replaced with a error massage that the page couldn't be displayed/was missing. This has happened before, I'll be on my email or Xfinity's home page, and out to no where the page goes to the error message that the page can't be displayed/was missing with a notification from Norton that a web attack was blocked. A few times on my laptop(no norton since it's running Linux), my email/Xfinity's webpage redirected to a scam tech support page.

Strange, was both devices on the same network?

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Sounds like part of that page (probably an ad) is suspect. I get the same from some Microsoft products. Just scan your system with anti-maleware and do a virus scan. If they come back clean, you're good to go.

-Wolf sends
I did a scan with Norton and malwarebytes plus malwarebytes adware remover and they all cam back clean.

TRENDING THREADS